Sail Away with Norwegian Cruise Line. Join our medical team today!
We are currently accepting applications for Nurses with Emergency Room and ICU experience.
The Nursing team on-board one of our magnificent ships is responsible for the administration of the Medical Center, providing occupational and emergency care to a ship population of 2,500 to 3,000 guests and crew members.
We are looking for Nurses who feel equally comfortable being the first responder in an emergency and doing administrative work who have practical experience running ACLS protocols.
Nurses live on-board our ships for assignments of 14 weeks with vacations of about 7 weeks at a time. This is a full time position.
We require a minimum of 3 years clinical experience in either Emergency Room or Intensive Care Unit settings along with the ability to treat a broad range of medical conditions, and impeccable interpersonal communication skills.
Certification as Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of three years clinical experience after graduation.
- Practical experience with ACLS.
- Prefer background in Emergency Room and Intensive Care.
The Nurse’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and maintain cleanliness of the medical center
- Maintain all passenger and crew illness logs according to policy
- Maintain all injury logs according to policy and fill out accident reports as they arise
- First aid training for crew
- Maintenance of all crew files and yearly crew medicals
- Order and maintain proper medical inventory
- Train and lead stretcher team in Fire and Lifeboat drills
- Execute and have good working knowledge of Code Alpha and evacuation procedures.
- Properly dispose of hazardous waste as well as needles and blades
- Obtain water samples and culture for growth of E.coli twice weekly
- Provide first aid supplies for first aid boxes
- Maintain diarrhea log in accordance to U.S.P.H. regulations
- Assist in mandatory drug testing
- Maintain records and counts of narcotics
- Execute and have a good working knowledge of all paperwork associated with the medical center
- Maintain current medications in lifeboat canisters
Ability to travel for 3 to 4 months at a time, living and working at sea.
We reward our team members with competitive salaries, transportation to and from the ship, accommodations, all meals, benefits and a truly unique work environment!
Candidates must also have a valid passport, and successfully complete a police clearance/background search and medical examination.
E-mail Résumés to: email@example.com and enter NCL Nurse in the subject line