Assistant Ship Systems Manager
Assists the Ship Systems Manager in maintaining all IT systems and equipment onboard the vessel. Provides general support of systems and procedural activities in all departments onboard the vessel.
- Must have some formal training in related IT hardware and software
- A minimum of one years of practical experience dealing with IT systems with direct contact with application users, operation experience and systems administration
- Must be able to do troubleshooting and repair of pc & printer hardware
- Minimum Associate Degree in Computer Science and/or related field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience.
- Performs daily, voyage, monthly and other computer operations as detailed in Run Books and other documents.
- Supports all shipboard users to keep workstations in working condition, including PC workstations, Point Of Sale terminals, cabling systems, servers and related hardware. User requests must be responded to promptly during normal working hours and extended hours may be required as needed for mission critical systems support.
- Takes direction from Systems Manager as to division of responsibilities and assignments.
- Provides users basic training support in use of common PC software and specialized Property Management Systems.
- Follow directives of onboard management to adhere to all behavioral, safety and other rules for crew members and keep onboard management informed of any IT issues and policies that affect shipboard operations in their areas of responsibility.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
For immediate review, you must write NCL01413ASM on the subject heading of your email. All resumes need to be in DOC or PDF format.
Any employment offer for Norwegian Cruise Line is contingent on the ability of the applicant, candidate and/or new hire to successfully complete a police background check and a medical examination including drug screening. Candidates must also have a valid passport and possess the ability to obtain a C-1/D working visa (if applicable) prior to being assigned to a ship.
E-mail your resume to: email@example.com You must type NCL01413ASM on the subject heading of your email.