Multilingual Internships - Hospitality Students Only
A limited number of short term internship opportunity is available in the following positions. A full job description will be provided at time of application.
Front Desk – Guest Service Associate
Restaurants – Restaurant Hostess
Restaurants - Assistant Waiter
- Must be fluent in English and German, Italian or Catalan.
- Must be able to complete a minimum of 2-months of onboard deployment.
- Must currently be in Hospitality or related degree program in a recognized hospitality institution.
- Have a minimum of 2~6 months previous experience in position of interest.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
- Work within different temperature changes indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- This position is open for US and International candidates. It is located onboard a cruise ship. Please use job code "MLINTERN".
- Any employment offer for NCL is contingent on the ability of the applicant, candidate and/or new hire to successfully complete a police background check and a medical examination including drug screening.
- Candidates must also have a valid passport and possess the ability to obtain a C-1/D working visa (if applicable) prior to being assigned to a ship.
Tours with this activity level involve walking over relatively level terrain, possibly some cobblestone, gravel, or a few steps. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Tours with this activity level involve a considerable amount of physical activity such as substantial walking over cobblestone streets, uneven or steep terrain, climbing stairs, or extended periods of standing. Not recommended for guests with physical limitations. Comfortable, sturdy shoes are recommended.
Tours with this activity level involve physical exertion for extended periods of time; can involve uneven or steep terrain or swimming in a light current. Recommended only for physically fit and adventurous travelers.