Ensure efficient cleaning, daily service, sanitation, stocking and support of assigned area within the hotel operation on-board your vessel, according to USPH regulations.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
High School Diploma/GED
: 6 months related janitorial experience in a hotel / institutional establishment or restaurant environment.
Experience in waxing and buffing floors is preferred.
• Carries out the following assignments:
o Shampoos and vacuums carpets and furniture as needed.
o Washes windows, walls and ceilings as needed.
o Empties litter bins and ash urns constantly and keeps areas clean at all times.
o Services restrooms and maintains cleanliness and orderliness.
o Polishes brass, handrails and fixtures as needed.
o Dusts assigned work areas daily.
o Cleans glass doors daily.
o Offers all possible assistance to guests.
o Maintains all cleaning equipment in good working order.
o Keeps chemical and cleaning lockers clean and orderly.
o Reports any loss or damage of linen, furniture, fixtures or equipment.
• Provides guest requests in the absence of the room steward/ess. This includes make up and turn down service.
• Responsible for the collection and deliveries of guest luggage to/from respective decks.
• Provides full service cleaning of cabins to Officers and Key Personnel assigned to their section, to include but not be limited to:
o Bathrooms cleaned and sanitized daily
o Bedrooms dusted, vacuumed, tidied daily
o Bed linens on changing day or as needed
o Balcony washed down daily (if applicable)
o Hallway walls cleaned, polished and vacuumed daily
The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate the following physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8).
If the applicant has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or higher, or if the verifying medical practitioner doubts the applicants ability to successfully perform any of the following functions, a suitable practical demonstration is required for those functions. The verifying medical practitioner, in consultation with any other qualified practitioners he/she deems appropriate, determines whether a practical demonstration is necessary, and whether the applicant is physically competent or not physically competent.
• Is able to maintain a sense of balance without disturbance while walking and standing
• Is able to climb up and down vertical ladders and stairways
• Is able to step over a door sill or coaming up to 24 inches in height
• Is able to move through a restricted opening of 24 inches by 24 inches
• Is able to open and close watertight doors that weigh up to 55 pounds. Must be able to move hands/arms in vertical and horizontal directions, rotate wrists and reach above shoulder height to turn handles
• Is able to lift at least a 40 pound load off the ground, and to carry, push or pull the same load
• Is able to grasp and manipulate common tools such as wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers
• Is able to crouch, kneel and crawl
• Is able to distinguish differences in texture and temperature by feel
• Is able to intermittently stand on feet for up to four hours with minimal rest periods
• Is able to react to visual alarms and instructions
• Is able to react to audible alarms and instructions
• Is capable of normal conversation
• Is able to pull an uncharged 1.5 inch diameter, 50’ fire hose with nozzle to full extension, and to lift a charged 1.5 inch diameter fire hose to firefighting position
• Is physically able to put on a Personal Flotation Devise (PFD) without assistance from another individual
• Has no physical limitations that would hinder or prevent the performance of duties
Tours with this activity level involve walking over relatively level terrain, possibly some cobblestone, gravel, or a few steps. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Tours with this activity level involve a considerable amount of physical activity such as substantial walking over cobblestone streets, uneven or steep terrain, climbing stairs, or extended periods of standing. Not recommended for guests with physical limitations. Comfortable, sturdy shoes are recommended.
Tours with this activity level involve physical exertion for extended periods of time; can involve uneven or steep terrain or swimming in a light current. Recommended only for physically fit and adventurous travelers.