Head Wine Steward
Food & Beverage
• Responsible for the entire wine onboard wine program to include sales, training, inventory and proper requisitioning procedures.
• Assists wait staff with selling of wines during dinner service in Main Dining Rooms and provides overall wine service.
• In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Minimum of two years experience as a Wine Steward or Bartender on a cruise ship or a combination of ship and large hotel/bar experience in these positions.
• Supervisory knowledge in running a shift in a large restaurant and/or managing and servicing a large service bar.
• Proven track record in meeting and exceeding revenue targets, service standards and guest satisfaction results.
• Above industry average knowledge of beverage and wine products is required.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of Word Perfect and Excel is preferred.
• Experience with Micros point of sales equipment is preferred
• Secondary Education degree or equivalent is mandatory.
• Courses in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required.
• Proof of continuous participation in wine and other beverage courses and seminars is preferred.
• Responsible for that the forecasted wine sales PPD for the ship are met and exceeded.
• Responsible for achieving the guest satisfaction targets established for the ship in wine service.
• Meeting the target cost of sales for the wine operation as determined by the company budgets.
• Ensures that all company wine service standards and sequences of service are being followed and adhered to by the staff while on duty.
• Assists in ensuring that the department is in compliance with all company policies, rules and regulations.
• Helps to resolve in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
• Ensures that the staffs under his/her supervision follow and are compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
• Maintains and safeguards records, reports and other documents pertinent to the staff and the operation as dictated by policy and as direct by the Company.
• Participates in planning and managing the continuous training of all the staff involved in wine sales onboard using only company approved training materials.
• Reports maintenance needs and ensures that all equipment is in proper condition and meets the safety standards.
• Reports breakages, abuse of equipment and negligent behavior when it comes to the improper use of Company property and assets.
• Assists in achieving the budgets that are determined for the beverage organization when it comes to all departmental expenses, salaries and manning.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.