Game Show Manager
• To ensure the vessel exceeds revenue/ PPD targets along with Guest Satisfaction scores for each voyage and on an annual basis for Bingo, Deal or No Deal, Temp Tattoos and Flower sales
• Develop and message the marketing tactics across that optimize revenue and guest satisfaction for the ship, itinerary and demographic, collaborating with shore side management to implement strategic initiatives.
• Working in conjunction with the Cruise Director to effectively manage and schedule Bingo/Instant Wins(IW), Deal or No Deal (DOND), Temporary Tattoos and Flowers Sales making use of Hotel/F&B Staff, Instant Win Machines ( Epic only at this time) and Arcade Events/Program (if implemented).
• The Game Show Manager will also facilitate Bingo and DOND events for the crew as needed
• The Game Show Manager will utilize Cruise Staff in the selling of Bingo/IW and DOND, as well as other Crew members for Tattoo and Flower operations/sales.
• In order to achieve revenue targets and exceed guest expectations, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
• Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
• Able to pass basic safety course.
• This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
• Accountable for the overall business performance of said areas on vessels not operating out of Hawaii and Europe.
• Works with a culturally diverse work force.
• Must be able to manage and administer Bingo, DOND, and Tattoo, Flower and Arcade (if implemented) programs/activities and budgets in a fair and equitable manner.
• This includes scheduling, staffing, commissions, inventory control, reconciliation, marketing and tracking.
• Must meet or exceed targets for the Bingo/IW, Deal or No Deal, Tattoo program, Flower program and Arcade, as set forth by the Onboard Revenue Department.
• Presents a personable, courteous and approachable manner at all times.
• Initiates and maintains effective employee relations at all times.
• The position will report to the Cruise Director onboard.
• The Cruise Director will take direction from the OBR Manager shore-side relating to the action plans to follow for Bingo/Instant Wins, Deal or No Deal, and Tattoo and Flower Programs.
• Position has indirect crew management responsibilities relating to staffing for sales and operations purposes for Bingo/IW and DOND events, Tattoo and Flower Programs.
• Incumbent ensures effective communication and promotion of all assigned guest revenue-generating programs, as well as, the Bingo/IW/DOND programs.
• This position will work and communicate regularly with the ship’s senior management team.
• Position requires ability to operate independently with little direct supervision.
• Position entails the use of effective time-management skills
• Communication style and a meticulous attention to detail in order to properly operate the different facets of this position.
• Must be able to lead by example and provide quality management skills for a large passenger vessel that can include from 2,000 to 4,000 guests and crew, 1,000 to 1,800+ passenger and crew accommodations, plus up to 15 decks of public rooms and common areas.
• Must be able to efficiently organize and supervise all areas of responsibility outlined in the Essential Functions.
• Must appropriately monitor the scheduling of his/her respective departments so that all areas are properly staffed at all times while constantly monitoring the staffing needs and budgetary guidelines.
Laws and Regulations
• Be acquainted with the laws governing liquor sales, licenses, and importation of bonded goods in the various ports of call.
• Ensures that the staff understands and adheres to all these related laws and restrictions.
• Stays informed at all times, of all aspects of guest service within the Hotel Department.
• Handles complaints/concerns from guests or staff problems in a timely and professional manner.
• Suggests and develops own training methods to improve the efficiency, productivity and performance of staff.
• Always present a personable, courteous and approachable manner to guests at all times.
To Apply please forward your resume and write on the subject line “GSM1413NCL” to firstname.lastname@example.org