Environmental Awards and Accolades
- The United States Coast Guard awarded Norwegian Cruise Line the Gold 2010 William M. Benkert Marine Environmental Protection Award in the foreign vessel category.
- In 2010, the Port of Seattle issued Norwegian the status of Green Gateway Gold Partner for excellent environmental stewardship.
- Norwegian participated in the Port of Los Angeles' voluntary speed reduction program in 2008 and 2009. In 2009, the company achieved 100 percent compliance for 64 arrivals and departures. The Port also recognized the company for voluntarily using low-sulfur MGO fuel during port calls in 2008.
- In 2008 and 2009 we received the Venice Blue Flag award from the Venice Port Authority in recognition of using lower sulfur fuels in the Port.
- The Port of San Francisco has awarded their Cruise Ship Environmental Award to Norwegian Cruise Line ships in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
To learn more about
Download PDF Brochure
Call your travel agent
AnneMarie Mathews Vice President of Public Relations Public Relations Department 7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, FL 33126