Going above and beyond to protect our oceans.
Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with NextEra Energy Resources to provide the opportunity for Norwegian guests’ to help build new renewable energy projects and offset their carbon footprint. NextEra Energy Resources' EarthEra Renewable Energy Trust will direct 100% of the contributions from Norwegian’s guests to build new renewable energy projects in the United States.
EarthEra® Travel Offset Program*
Click below to participate.
*The emissions associated with this program have been reduced by the retirement of greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions.
To learn more about
Download PDF Brochure
Environmental Awards and Accolades
- The United States Coast Guard awarded Norwegian Cruise Line the Gold 2010 William M. Benkert Marine Environmental Protection Award in the foreign vessel category.
- In 2010, the Port of Seattle issued Norwegian the status of Green Gateway Gold Partner for excellent environmental stewardship.
- Norwegian participated in the Port of Los Angeles' voluntary speed reduction program in 2008 and 2009. In 2009, the company achieved 100 percent compliance for 64 arrivals and departures. The Port also recognized the company for voluntarily using low-sulfur MGO fuel during port calls in 2008.
- In 2008 and 2009 we received the Venice Blue Flag award from the Venice Port Authority in recognition of using lower sulfur fuels in the Port.
- The Port of San Francisco has awarded their Cruise Ship Environmental Award to Norwegian Cruise Line ships in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Call your travel agent
Vanessa Picariello Senior Director of Public Relations Public Relations Department 7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, FL 33126