Seasonal Youth Counselor
The Seasonal youth Counselor is responsible for the supervision and control of all youth and teen activities as it relates to the Passenger programs and Entertainment Department.
- Must be able to speak publicly and conduct games, events and other activities for a variety of age groups, from small children to teens.
- Must be able to provide quality service for a large Youth Program that can include 1000~3000 guests, including 600+ youth.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a secondary language, verbally and written preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Windows (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification valid for at least one additional year.
- 2 years experience in recreation/education of ages 2~17 required.
- YMCA, Summer Camp, after school program experiences helpful.
Excellent English verbal and written communication.
- As a member of the cruise staff, the Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselor is responsible to assist in discharging any of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
- Responsible for assisting with storage, inventory and ordering of all equipment, supplies, gifts and prizes, which are specifically utilized in the youth/teen program.
- Will serve as an effective host/hostess when needed to support the overall cruise program activities and shipboard departments.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong personal computer skills and great math aptitude. Advanced Excel-Formulas and Macros. Knowledge of accounting principles. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
Other position responsibilities are to be announced upon hire.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.