Photographing daily events, including, but not limited to embarkation, gangways, dining rooms, portraits and any other special event that would require a photographer to be present to document the event(s).
Processing and selling of all photo-revenue related products in the photo gallery, selling of sales items such as: batteries, film, digital media, single-use cameras, digital cameras and any other items in the photo inventory.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Up to 24 months schooling in basic photography with at least 12 months practical experience is needed for this position. If no formal qualifications, reasonable experience will be taken into consideration.
- A 2 year college degree in any discipline.
- Must have excellent English, written and spoken skills with ability to learn all areas of the photo business.
- Where no formal qualification exists, relative experience will be taken into consideration.
- To drive and maximize image roll counts at all photo events and photo operations by following the Photo Managers lead on decisive action.
- To drive and motivate the team to increased positive and beneficial production levels by way of photographing high quality and quantity images.
- Make use of all available tools to ensure image quality (E.g. props, backdrops, lighting, rails, mascots etc.)
- Coordinate photo team efforts at events and to lead or learn by example. The incumbent must proactively learn and excel at the given duties.
- Implement the practice of regular photo critiquing and training with photo staff by sitting regularly with the Lab Manager and Photo Manger.
- Maintain security over all data (media cards etc), lab and gallery areas. Must be very attentive in securing digital media containing images.
- Liaise with Photo Gallery Manager to maintain adequate stock (par) levels for both the lab and photo gallery by scheduled and regular re-stocking.
- Organizing gallery sales & display areas. Effective handling of guest queries and concerns and handling of customer service.
- Must be competent at photo studio setups and breakdown by working with the photo team and learning all safety aspects related to this.
- Must coordinate with the team in effective imaging quality control, production levels and sales to achieve budgeted goals.
- Liaising with and covering Inter-departmental onboard activities, requests and cross-promotions.
- Oversee borders and artwork control maintaining brand compliance.
- Provide support to Lab (Technical) and Gallery (Sales) operations by running from the two when necessary.
- Provide support to all departmental staff where assistance is needed and reflect a ?can do? approach when asked.
- Provide diplomatic resolutions to guest, staff and onboard management queries or concerns whenever necessary.
- Promote the photo department through use of onboard functions (VIP, Latitudes, Photo Talks) and by way of guest relations whenever in public areas.
- Cover all photo events as are necessary to ensure maximizing of photo opportunities.
- Work with onboard departments to ensure complete photo and promotional coverage (Shorex, MTN, Spa, Shopping Rep, Art and Bingo)
- Must be sharp, personable, responsive, witty, humorous, and socially capable, interested in performing as a photographer, and creatively minded.
- Passion for imaging and a team player with forward driven results in mind.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
- Must be customer-focused and be comfortable in dealing with the general public on a daily basis.
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests.
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun.
- Able to work 7 days a week.
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous.
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members.
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates.
Other position responsibilities are to be announced upon hire.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com with subject heading: PHOTO-NCL.