Norwegian Gem – Sept 21 for tournament play on Sept 22, 23, 25 in the designated slot tournament area. (7-Day Cruise, Canada_New England from New York)
All times referred to throughout these Rules are Local Ship Time.
- As used herein “NCL” means NCL (Bahamas) LTD. d/b/a Norwegian Cruise Line
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Team Participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- To enter, all team participants must be a qualified Casinos At Sea member and have a Casinos At Sea Membership card. Membership is free and the Players Club cards are available at the Casino Services Desk onboard the Norwegian Gem.
- Team Participants must provide current, valid proof of age.
- This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including gaming, and all aspects of the Tournament are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
- All entries are subject to review and verification.
- No substitute players will be allowed.
- Team Participants must show their Casinos At Sea Players Card and current, unexpired, valid picture identification (driver’s license, state identification card, or military identification card) in order to collect prize. If selected participant is not a U.S. citizen, a current passport or alien registration card is required.
- Team Participants agree to allow NCL the right to the unconditional use of their name and likeness for promotions / advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent, where permitted.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, licenses, registrations and other fees.
- Tournament times are approximate. NCL reserve the right to change Tournament times at its sole discretion.
- By participating, Team Participants agree to abide by all NCL decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules, eligibility, or any other aspect of the Tournament, which are final and binding in all respects.
- NCL reserves the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to any applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any team participant’s prize already awarded.
- Notice of changes sufficient if posted at the Casino Host Desk onboard the Norwegian Gem.
- NCL may disqualify any Team Participant for any prize based upon fraud, dishonesty, violation of Tournament rules or other misconduct, whether or not related to this Tournament.
- NCL is not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the Tournament, is not liable for any acts or omissions of its company employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournament, and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
- NCL is not responsible for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by NCL, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a participant’s ability to participate in the Tournament.
- If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of NCL which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or property conduct of this Tournament, NCL reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any program or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, NCL reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Entries, invitations, and prizes are non-transferable.
- Tournament records will be retained by NCL for record keeping purposes in accordance with local legal requirements.
- Team Participant must be present at awards ceremony to claim prize.
- Employees of NCL and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates or parent companies, their advertising agencies and promotional companies and immediate family members of employees who are (i) director level or above and/or (ii) involved in coordinating or executing promotions or tournaments are not eligible for this promotion. An immediate family member is defined as spouse, child or anyone sharing the same residence as the applicable employee.
- Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities for any reason, including through a government program, at NCL’s discretion or by their own request, are not eligible.
- A copy of these rules and any changes will be available at the NCL Casino Host Desk onboard the Norwegian Gem, as well as the slot tournament area throughout the duration of this Tournament.
- Individuals with outstanding obligations due to NCL are ineligible to participate in this Tournament.
- Registration is open to invited guests only.
- There will be an option to re-buy into the Tournament at $50.00 per re-buy with a maximum amount of re-buys not to exceed two (2) per eligible team participant.
- Only one (1) re-buy may be purchased and played by the eligible team participant during the Tournament round for which it was purchased.
- If a team participant purchases a re-buy, then the highest score of that round will be used as the final score for that round. The original round score and re-buy score are not combinable.
Tournament Registrations and Rounds:
- Registration will take place between 4:00pm – 5:00pm on embarkation day (Spinnaker Lounge, Deck 13, Fwd)
- Round I of play will begin on the first seaday of your trip at 9am Local Ship Time
- Round II of play will begin third day of your trip (Halifax) at 6:00pm Local Ship Time.
- Round III of play will begin fifth day of your trip (Bar Harbor) at 6:00pm Local Ship Time
- Awards ceremony will take place between 6:30pm - 7:30pm (Spinnaker Lounge,Deck 13, Fwd) on the sixth day of your trip (Boston)
- Your Casino Host team onboard will supply you the rules of the tournament, dates and schedule of when to play with your seat assignment randomly selected.
- At the discretion of NCL’s management, registration may begin early in order to ensure a timely processing of all guests. Registration period will not end until the times outlined above.
- Seats are randomly assigned (through secure means to be determined by NCL) one (1) slot machine per round.
- Spare machines may be used at NCL’s discretion.
- Tournament will consist of three (3) rounds. Each round consists of multiple sessions, which are three (3) minutes in duration. Each Team Participant will be assigned one game in each round. NCL has the right to add or delete sessions as needed.
- Players who chooses to play single (no team mates) are eligible to join. They will play two rounds and both scores are to be combined as well. The entry fee is similar for two players.
- At the conclusion of the first game in a round, scores will be collected following the game of the second member of the team. (same player for single players) Both scores will then be combined together. Total combined scores will be the team’s score for the day or whichever is higher in case of a rebuy.
- To add to the fun, team participants can use team names, either their own, or celebrity names, TV or Movie Star such as Thelma and Louise, Fred and Wilma, Stan and Laurel, Batman and Robin, Bonnie and Clyde, Harry and Sally, Romeo and Juliet, and the list goes on. Dress like your namesakes and it even gets better.
- Team Participants must register as set forth above and must be present at the Tournament area five (5) minutes before their playing time in order to participate.
- Authorized machines will be used for Tournament play. Participants must play on machines assigned (machines selected by random computer drawing). Tournament officials may change seating assignments at any time for any reason.
- If the Team Participant is not present at the slot tournament area at the start of his/her assigned time, NCL will attempt to place the absent Team Participant in a subsequent session if space allows. This is not guaranteed. If a subsequent space cannot be found the Team Participant will be ineligible to qualify for prizes.
- In a situation where a member of the team is not present the other member of the team can play in his/her behalf.
- To earn a qualifying score, Team Participants must sign his/her score sheet. Leaving before signing the score sheet will result in forfeiture of that session and a zero (0) score will be earned.
- Team Participants must play machines from start to finish of assigned machine.
- All Participants will start at the same time. The emcee of the Tournament will be the official timekeeper and will signal the beginning and end of each session.
- No coins are used for Tournament play; points will be generated instead of cash winnings. A meter on the gaming machine will show points won during each session. Each meter will start at zero on each machine for each session time.
- The score meter on each slot machine must be visible at all times during and after Tournament action.
- Participants must play in all 3 rounds to qualify for prizes.
Machine Malfunctions – Continue Playing Through End of Session:
- Tournament Participants MUST continue play in a session even if they suspect machine malfunction. If you suspect a machine malfunction, contact a Scorekeeper and tell Scorekeeper of your concerns. The Scorekeeper shall then notify the Tournament Captain. The Tournament Captain shall notify Slot Department personnel and request an evaluation of the machine after the session ends.
- If the machine is determined to have malfunctioned, your score for that round shall be disregarded, and you shall be assigned another session and/or machine to make up your score.
- If the machine is determined NOT to have malfunctioned, your score shall stand. It is important that you continue to play even if you suspect a machine malfunction.
- In cases where machine malfunction is unquestionable, as witnessed by at least a Scorekeeper and a second Tournament official, a Tournament official may call a fault and allow the Participant to stop playing.
- 10 Prizes will be awarded to the top final team scores. Team final scores will be determined by combining the three (3) qualifying round scores.
- The 1st place team prize is $5,000.00. Prize may be taken in the form of a) a single check payment or b) a $5,000.00 in cash
- The following team cash prizes will be awarded to the following finishers:
1st place $5,000.00 (see #2 for details)
2nd place - $1,500.00
3rd place - $1,000.00
4th place - $800.00
5th place - $600.00
6th place - $300.00
7th place - $300.00
8th place - $250.00
9th place - $150.00
10th place - $100.00
Total team prize package valued up to: $10,000.00.
- In the event of a tie for any place except First Place, prize money will be divided equally in accordance with corresponding prize place (example: if two Participants tie for 5th place they will split the prize money between 5th and 6th place, each receiving an equal amount of the sum of the prizes). In the event of a tie for First Place, a five-minute playoff will occur between Participants who are tied with winner being awarded First Place and second place winner being awarded Second Place. If a playoff results in a tie, additional five-minute playoff will occur until any ties are resolved. The next highest score will be assigned as Third Place until Tenth Place is awarded. Under no circumstances will NCL be liable for any more than one (1) of each of the prizes listed in Prize Rule #3.
- NCL reserves the right to cancel, change or modify this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to all applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any Participant’s prize already awarded. Notice of any such modification is sufficient if posted at the Slot Tournament Area.
Terms & Conditions
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE CASINOS AT SEA TEAM CHALLENGE
Terms and Conditions: Must be a qualified Casinos At Sea member and at least 18 years of age. Complete tournament rules will be provided to all participants prior to the start of the tournament and available online at www.ncl.com\team. Participation subject to availability. Prize structure based on a minimum of 50 team participants. One qualifying round plus two re-buy rounds for each tournament permitted. May not be combined with any other offer or event. Participants must call to register with Norwegian’s Casino Department. Entry into tournament is non-transferable. Complimentary cruise accommodation offer is valid for September 21, 2013 sailing on the N. Gem. Offer valid for only for the first and second guest, is non-transferable, and is non-negotiable. For additional guests, third - eighth guest rates apply. Stateroom upgrades are permitted (subject to availability), but price difference between offered stateroom and upgrade must be paid. Guest is responsible for the NCF and government taxes. Discretionary onboard service charges are additional and will be automatically added to your onboard account.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day.