When it comes to top cruise destinations, it's tough to beat Bali, Indonesia. From volcanic mountains and white-sand beaches to ancient temples and cultural sites, Bali offers something for everyone. Norwegian Cruise Line makes it easy to discover the best of this exquisite island paradise on an exciting cruise to Bali with port stops in exotic locations that look like they've been plucked out of a dream. Book your trip of a lifetime, then check out the following four things to do in Bali on your Norwegian cruise vacation.
¿Listo para empezar a planificar? Explora todos los cruises to Bali.
1. Cruise to Bali With Norwegian
One of the best ways to experience Bali is on a Southeast Asia cruise. Norwegian offers several exciting cruise vacations that give you a chance to explore this incredible island while cruising in style aboard the recently revitalized Norwegian Spirit. If you're dreaming of an Indonesian escape, now is a great time to glance at the following itineraries:
- Asia and Australia Cruise: Brisbane, Bali, Komodo, and Cairns to Sydney — On this 17-day cruise from Singapore to Sydney, Australia, you'll visit 11 of Norwegian's most desirable destinations, including an overnight stay at Benoa in Bali.
- Australia and Indonesia Cruise to Sydney - Spend 14 glorious days exploring Australia and Indonesia's culture, history, and natural beauty. Enjoy stops at both Benoa and Celukan Bawang in Bali on your Australia cruise.
- Cruise Australia & Asia: Brisbane, Komodo, Darwin, and Cairns to Bali — This 13-day cruise from Australia gives you the chance to discover some of the most stunning Australian ports on your way to Celukan Bawang and Benoa, including Sydney, Brisbane, and Cooktown.
- Cruise to Asia: Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia — On this 14-day round-trip cruise from Singapore, spend a day exploring in Bali and get a chance to visit several other exceptional destinations, including Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Jakarta in Indonesia, and Phuket, Thailand.
2. Discover Bali's Past
Did you know people have lived on the island of Bali for thousands of years? The oldest artifacts found in Bali include 3,000-year-old earthenware vessels and stone tools. Discover Bali's rich history at the following popular spots:
- Uluwatu Temple — Climb to the top of a 250-foot cliff overlooking the ocean on Bali's southern peninsula to explore this religious site that dates back to the 11th century.
- Bali Museum — Venture to Denpasar to view masks, musical instruments, sculptures, paintings, textiles, and archaeological finds from Bali's dynamic past.
- Tanah Lot Temple — Gaze at this temple built into an outcrop of rock in the 1500s. Today, it's one of the most photographed spots in Bali.
Mount Batur — Enjoy panoramic views of a crater lake and hot springs formed after a volcanic eruption 10,000 years ago.
3. Immerse Yourself in the Local Culture
Would you like to learn about the life and times of the locals on your cruise to Bali? You won't want to miss the opportunity to check out the following distinctive cultural sites on the island:
- Tirta Empul Temple — Perform a sacred Hindu cleansing ritual at this ornate temple built around a bubbling spring that dates back more than 1,000 years.
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park — Celebrate Balinese culture and nature at this 250-acre park, where you can see the world's largest statue of the Hindu god Vishnu riding Garuda, a bird-like creature.
- Ujung Water Palace — Learn how Balinese royals lived in the early 1900s at this charming palace near Amlapura, which features ponds, bridges, pagodas, statues, and pavilions.
- Tegalalang Rice Terraces — Take a stroll through these lush green terraces located only a 25-minute drive from Ubud, Bali.
- Ubud Art Market — Head to the maze of street stalls in Ubud's city center to pick up souvenirs made using traditional methods.
4. Take a Swim in Bali's Beautiful Beaches
If you're like many people, pristine beaches are some of the first items that come to mind when you think about Bali. Whether you want to sunbathe in the sand or hop on a surfboard, you'll find what you're looking for at the following popular beaches:
- Seminyak — This vibrant golden-sand beach stretches from Kuta to Canggu and features some of the liveliest beach bars and restaurants in the area.
- Nusa Dua — If you're looking for serenity and tranquility, head to this family-friendly, white-sand beach flanked by upscale resorts.
- Padang Padang — As seen in the movie "Eat Pray Love," this remote beach surrounded by dramatic rock formations is known for its world-class waves.
- Pasir Putih — Also known as White Sands Beach, this off-the-beaten-path destination features soft, pristine sand for sunbathing and tranquil waters for swimming and snorkeling.
The attractions above offer only a few ideas for incredible things to do in Bali on your Indonesia cruise. Whether you're a history buff, foodie, adventurer, or beach lover, Bali offers a range of exciting activities tailored to meet your tastes. Explore our site to learn more about cruises to Bali and find out about all the dynamic ofertas de cruceros Norwegian offers. You can sign up for the Norwegian newsletter to stay on top of the latest cruise news.