Date: 30 June 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our users.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)_(Privacy Act) sets out a number of principles that private sector organisations must comply with in relation to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles are known as the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). We are bound by and endeavour at all times to comply with the APPs.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you book a cruise with us, request information from Norwegian Cruise Line, or when you voluntarily enter or provide us with personal information such as:
- your name
- your address, phone number and other contact details
- your age (relevant for a number of our travel and on-board policies)
- information regarding your health or pregnancy (which might affect your ability to travel with us)
- details of citizenship documents
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about
- credit card information in order to make it easier for you to make bookings
- information provided indirectly through your use of our website
- other personal information that you provide to us or which we require in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
We use your personal information primarily to enable us to arrange and manage your travel with us. Information gathered through our website may be used for technical website administration purposes. We will use your personal information for product-related surveys and marketing purposes only with your express prior consent and then only to the extent that it is necessary in each specific case.
We use credit card details or other financial information that you provide us with in order to process and fulfill a contract. We undertake precautionary measures in order to guarantee security with regard to all online customer transactions. Credit card numbers that you enter on our billing page are encrypted and sent using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, which is an industry standard for guaranteeing secure online transactions.
We may also disclose personal information to:
- our related companies and affiliates
- service providers who we engage to perform certain functions or processes (including data processing) for our business
- professional advisers (e.g. accountants, auditors and lawyers), dealers and agents
- our insurers
- anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of them) are transferred
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, where required or permitted by law.
Do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may disclose your information to the persons specified in section 2 who are located outside Australia, including in the United States and Germany, who may use the information for the purposes for which we collected it.
What happens to your data after visiting the Norwegian Cruise Line website?
You can visit the Norwegian Cruise Line website at any time without having to provide any personal information. However, in order to improve the quality of our website, we save data when individual pages on our website are accessed.
This data is always saved without personal reference, meaning that your visit to a specific page is anonymous and does not make it possible for us to ascertain your identity. This information merely allows us to determine the number of visits to our website, or to ascertain which pages people have viewed while visiting our website. This data (which does not include any personal reference) contains information about the website which you visited just previously to ours, or the website that you visit after leaving our website, as well as the IP address of the computer that you are using to gain access to our website.
Yes. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Please click this button below for more information on cookies and how you can manage them on your device.
What about links to third-party websites?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, we deploy technical and organisational security measures in order to protect personal information that you provide to us against random or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are subject to continual improvement in line with technological developments. All personal information is processed and sent using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
In order to actively use this website, which goes beyond simply accessing the website (e.g. entering personal data), minors require permission from a parent or a legal guardian. If you have reason to suspect that we have collected personal information about a minor (i.e. someone under the age of 18) please let us know.
How can I cancel my subscription to the Norwegian Cruise Line newsletter?
All e-mails that we send you are at your express personal request. Every e-mail contains specific instructions on how you can cancel your subscription (which is possible at any time). We also provide you with the following options to remove your information from our database:
(1) Send us an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
(2) You can follow the instructions listed in every e-mail sent to you by us.
(3) You can write to the following address:
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
Level 7, 99 Elizabeth Street
Sydney NSW 2000
1300 255 200 (Australia) or 0800 969 283 (New Zealand).
How can you access or correct your personal information?
How to make a complaint?