Utilise Norwegian's ground transfers to get to and from the airport and the pier or schedule a car service ride to take you to and from your home, airport, hotel or pier. If you are driving your own car, our Driving Directions to the Port will be useful.
As a first time cruiser, you may be feeling overwhelmed over what to do next. To help you, we've assembled a list of resources to help you make the most out of your cruise holiday.
Need more help? You can also call 1300 255 200 to speak with Personal Holiday Planner Monday - Friday 8am - Midnight EST & Sat. & Sun 8am - 5pm EST if you have any other questions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it's your call. That's the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special "Dress-Up or Not Night." It's the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship's Captain.
Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising
Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.
Be sure to pack a sweater - the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.
Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, thongs, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.
All Decked-out: Smart Casual
Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.
Ready for Adventure: Shore Excursions
Think about the shore excursions you'll be taking and pack accordingly, including comfy walking shoes. For kids and adults it's good to pack a pair of closed-toed shoes. You can check within the specific shore excursion for more information.
Special Events: Theme Nights and Parties
Our newest event, Norwegian's Night Out, is the perfect opportunity to get dressed up for an evening of cocktails, fine dining and great entertainment. You may also want to pack an all-white ensemble for our iconic White Hot Party.
Why is there a service charge?
The reason there's a fixed service charge is an important one: Our Crew (as are the crew from other lines) is encouraged to work together as a team. Staff members including complimentary restaurant staff, stateroom stewards and behind-the-scenes support staff are compensated by a combination of salary and incentive programmes that your service charge supports. How much is the charge? Onboard Service Charges are additional.
How much are the service charges?
For bookings made prior to April 1st, 2019, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:
- $17.50 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites;
- $14.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
For bookings made on or after April 1, 2019 or for sailings April 1, 2019 and beyond whose service charges have not been prepaid:
$18 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites
$15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
- $25.50 USD per person per day for Concierge and Haven Suites
- $14.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax
Are service charges across the board for all guests?
All guests 3 years or older.
How do I prepay my service charges?
Contact your travel professional and request that it be added to your cruise reservation. If you have not made final payment this will be included in your final payment amount or if final payment has already been made we will require full payment at the time it is added.
At what point in the booking process can the prepaid charges be added?
They can be added at anytime up to 24 hours prior to sailing.
Why would I prepay my service charges?
The convenience of pre-paying the service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board.
If I cancel my cruise are the service charges refundable?
Yes! The service charges are 100% refundable.
If there is a service issue can the service charges be adjusted on board?
Guest satisfaction is the highest priority at Norwegian Cruise Line. We have structured a guest satisfaction programme designed to handle any concerns about service or on-board product quickly and efficiently. However, in the event a service issue should arise during your cruise please let our on-board guest services desk staff know right away, so that we can address these in a timely manner. It is our goal to reach a satisfactory solution to any issue when it happens and make sure our guests can focus on enjoying their cruise. Should your concerns not be met with satisfaction you can adjust the charges.
ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION POLICY
Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol.
With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorisation will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.
Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.
Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.
750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD
1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD
Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.
* Norwegian encourages the responsible use of alcohol and accordingly reserves the right to permanently or temporarily revoke the drinking privileges of any guest who violates Norwegian's Guest Code of Conduct or who is deemed a danger to himself, herself or others by vessel management. Continued abuse of alcohol while sailing and/or violation of Norwegian's alcohol policy may result in immediate disembarkation.
Non-Alcoholic Beverages Policy
Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soft drink and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.
For more information read our FAQ about "Can I bring water or soft drink on board?".
For your convenience, all shipboard expenses are charged to your Onboard account. Sign up when you check in, establishing your method of payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB Card, Diner's Club. You may also use your debit card however please be advised that we obtain pre-authorisation, as we do for all Credit Cards, and some banks hold these funds for up to 30 days. The maximum initial pre-authorisation amount for all credit and debit cards is $300. Cash can also be used as a method of payment to settle your account with an initial deposit paid in advance.
Using your debit or ATM card
- Norwegian does not recommend the use of a debit card as payment for your onboard folio.
- Please be advised that multiple holds will be placed on your debit card account based on your onboard purchases.
- After settling your onboard folio, these debit card holds may remain on your account up to 30 days after the cruise ends.
- To avoid overdraft charges from your bank, please make sure that you have enough available funds in your account during this hold period.
- Norwegian will not be responsible for overdraft charges resulting from holds placed on Debit Card accounts.
Traveller's Check / Cash Procedures
A cash deposit may be placed on your onboard account in the following amounts:
7 day cruises - $300 USD per person
Less than 7 days - $150 USD per person
More than 7 days - $450 USD per person
Once you have exceeded the deposited amount, your account will be closed to further charges. You can deposit as much money as often as you'd like throughout the cruise, however, refunds cannot be made until the day of disembarkation for any excess.
**Personal checks will not be accepted, nor can they be cashed on board.
- Transportation to some of the most beautiful places on earth via cruise ship
- Dedicated Kids & Teen (ages 3-17) programming & spaces during at sea days until 10:30 pm and from departure until 10:30 pm during port days
- Meals in one of our many complimentary dining venues
- 24-hour Dining venue (on select ships)
- Room service menu items (convenience charge may apply)
- Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)
- Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)
- Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)
- Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water
- All entertainment onboard (with the exception of dinner and lunch theatre entertainment)
- Art Auctions
- Poolside activities
- Access to fitness facilities
- Select onboard presentations
- Sports Court activities
- Use of outdoor pools and hot tubs
- In-stateroom TV programming (except for on-demand movies)
- Phone calls onboard the ship (stateroom to stateroom)
- Use of private Studio Lounge if staying in Studio accommodation on Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Pride of America, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Escape
- Suite Guests receive additional amenities, based on the category of accommodation.
The following items are not included in the cruise fare:
- Service Charges/Gratuities
- Meals in Specialty Restaurants
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Soft drinks and some other non-alcoholic beverages
- Spa and Salon Services
- Exercise classes
- Dining Entertainment
- Transfers (unless pre-purchased with air/sea packages)
- Hotel Stays pre-/post-cruise (unless pre-purchased)
- Shore Excursions
- Internet Access
- Baby Sitting Services
- Specialty Onboard Seminars
- Art purchases
- Gift shop purchases
- Video Arcade
- Phone calls off the ship
- Wi/Fi & Satellite connection for tablets, phones/mobile devices
- Laundry Services
- Use of the Medical Centre
- Government taxes, port expenses, and fees
- Convenience Charge for Room Service (does not apply to The Haven and Norwegian Suites)