Upgrade Advantage Programme Terms and Conditions
1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to all offers (each an “Offer” or a “Bid”) made by you (“Guest”, “you”, “passenger”) to NCL Corporation Ltd. (“Norwegian Cruise Line”, “we”, “us”) for an opportunity to upgrade from the class of service that was originally purchased for travel with Norwegian Cruise Line to a higher class of service (“Upgrade”). This Upgrade programme gives you a chance to place an Offer on an opportunity to upgrade from the class of service already purchased. Your Offer is not final and binding unless and until Norwegian Cruise Line officially accepts it.
2. You must be at least twenty one (21) years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions. Upgrade Offers are only valid for cabins that have already been purchased, either by you or someone on whose behalf you are bidding for the Upgrade.
3. First, as a prerequisite to the ability to make an Offer, you must receive an invitation (“Invitation”) from Norwegian Cruise Line. Sending an Invitation to anyone and at any time is entirely within Norwegian Cruise Line’s sole discretion.
4. Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid on up to two categories higher than your current class of service category for the original itinerary booked.
5. Norwegian Cruise Line may accept your Bid at any time before the sail date. In the event Norwegian Cruise Line accepts your Offer, your credit card will be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance. The total amount that you must pay to us will be disclosed to you prior to your submission of your Offer. The charge on your credit card may appear in the name of “NCL Reservations USD” / “NCL Reservations XX (currency)” / “Norwegian Cruise Line”. You agree that you cannot challenge or dispute a charge because the name appearing on the credit card statement is “NCL Reservations USD” / “NCL Reservations XX (currency)” / “Norwegian Cruise Line”.
6. Once your Bid is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable.
7. If your Bid is not accepted, you will travel in the category you originally purchased.
8. If you make a change to your itinerary after your Bid has been accepted, your Bid will be cancelled, will not be transferred to your new itinerary and the upgrade amount paid is non-refundable.
9. If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation.
10. If your reservation includes only one person, the guest will be charged based on double occupancy.
11. Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that any Guest will be upgraded regardless of whether or not cabins are available in the category for which an Offer is being made.
12. If you purchase an Upgrade, the conditions of your original cruise reservation will remain in effect following the Upgrade. This includes conditions pertaining to cancellation, penalties, and changes.
13. The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions.
14. If you purchase an Upgrade, Norwegian Cruise Line cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category. Your cabin number will depend on space availability.
15. If you are currently in a ‘Spa’ cabin and submit an Offer to upgrade to a higher category, we cannot guarantee that you will be assigned to another ‘Spa’ cabin within the upgraded category. If your Offer is accepted and you do not get assigned to another ‘Spa’ cabin, you will be forfeiting the complimentary access to the Spa.
16. You may revise or cancel your Offer through the hyperlink on the offer email before 48 hours of your departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged. However, if your Offer is accepted before you cancel or amend your Offer, you are legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in your original Offer.
17. If you have purchased Norwegian Cruise Line’s Travel Protection on your current booking, you will be automatically charged to cover the Upgrade cost. For more information please visit www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/booksafe#pricing
18. Depending on the product and destination being visited, a General Excise Tax may be applicable to the upgrade charges, if the upgrade is awarded. Taxes for applicable sailings will be charged automatically once the payment for the upgrade is taken.
19. By submitting an offer to Upgrade, the passenger accepts all terms and conditions of the Upgrade Program.
20. Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at its own discretion. Except as provided for in the immediately preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Norwegian Cruise Line unless made in writing and signed by an authorised officer of Norwegian Cruise Line.