Peace of Mind with Safety and Flexibility
We're going the extra mile to ensure your safety on board and on shore. With Norwegian's Peace of Mind, you can cruise safely with enhanced health and safety protocols and flexible booking. Feel Free to change plans as needed and feel confident knowing that we're looking out for your health and safety.
The health, safety, and comfort of our guests and crew is our number one priority. In collaboration with leading experts, we are enhancing our already robust health & safety measures so you can continue exploring the world with the ultimate Peace of Mind.
Enjoy Freedom and Flexibility When Booking Your CruiseOur Commitment
Cancel Up to 15 Days Prior
For 2021 cruises through October, cancel 15 days prior to holiday start for a Future Cruise Credit.
100% Future Cruise Credit
Enjoy the flexibility to use your 100% Future Cruise Credit for sailings through December 2022.
Peace of MindFREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Simply put, for new and existing bookings for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including October 31, 2021, guests are free to cancel anytime up to 15 days in advance of embarkation. Anyone choosing to cancel will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. Reservations cancelled outside of 120 days of final payment will receive a full refund back to the method of payment used to book. If outside final payment and an FCC was used as payment, the original FCC will be added back to the guest’s profile.
Our Peace of Mind policy applies to all sailings through and including October 31, 2021. To cancel under our Peace of Mind policy, the following terms and conditions must be met:
- Reservations must be paid in accordance with Terms and Conditions.
- Bookings cancelled inside 120 Days that do not meet payment Terms and Conditions will default to the standard refund process with penalties applied.
- If the booking was outside 120 Days, refunds will work as usual. If an FCC was used as payment on the original reservation, it will be credited back to the guest profile.
Reservations cancelled using Peace of Mind the POM FCC (coupon code POM-NRD) will include:
- Cruise fare and taxes (including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments)
- Flexible Air booked through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Prepaid service charges
- Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of FAS Promotion selection)
- Free at Sea Package charge (UK Only)
- REACOMM Suspension FCC, Peace of Mind FCC, CruiseNext, and CruiseFirst coupons that were used as a form of payment.
o Any original FCC, CruiseNext or CruiseFirst coupon used on the cancelled reservation will not be reactivated or reissued, these items will now be included in the new Peace of Mind FCC except for the following:
o Any Discount FCCs that were used on the cancelled reservation will revert to the guest's profile and maintain original expiration dates.
o Insurance FCCs that were used on the cancelled reservation will not be reissued or included in the POM-NRD value.
Any ancillary items sold by Norwegian Cruise Line will be refunded to the cardholder who made the original purchase and will not be included in the FCC.
- Ancillary items include Bon Voyage gifts and celebration packages, pre-purchased dining, or beverage packages (those not part of FAS promotion), water packages, purchased on board credits, pre-purchased internet, or photo packages.
The following will not be included in the FCC or refund:
- Special Promotional Onboard Credits (OBC)
- Bonus 10% Discount coupons issued as the result of a sailing suspension
- Restricted air booked through Norwegian Cruise Line
To cancel your reservation under our Peace of Mind policy, please contact your Travel Partner or call Norwegian Cruise Line at 1300 255 200 (U.S. and Canada). You or your travel partner must ask for Peace of Mind when cancelling. Cancelled reservations do not default to Peace of Mind, it must be requested
POM FCCs will be credited to the guest's profile via their Latitudes number within seven business days. Communication will be sent to the travel partner and guest once the FCC is added.
If the reservation was:
- Cancelled on or after August 2, 2021 (coupon type POM-NRD): Guests have one year from issue date to book and sail using their future cruise credit.
- Cancelled January 1, 2021 – August 1, 2021: Guests have one year from issue date to redeem their future cruise credit for sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022.
- Cancelled prior to December 31, 2020, POM FCCs must be redeemed by December 31, 2021 for sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022.
Applicable refunds will be returned to the original form of payment sixty (60) days after the request for the refund has been made. Policies for bookings made through Tour Operators or Wholesalers may vary, so please contact your Travel Partner for full details.
Yes. The policy applies to existing and active bookings for sailings through and including October 31, 2021.
The policy does not apply to bookings cancelled prior to March 10, 2020.
Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to modify the policy at any time.
We are not able to accommodate an individual guest electing to cancel on a reservation. To take advantage of the Peace of Mind policy, the entire reservation must accept the FCC.
Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile before it can be added to a reservation. It can then be applied to any new or existing reservation or group booking.
FCCs from either suspended sailings or Peace of Mind can’t be converted into another currency.
The original, full value FCC can be applied and used for the following:
- Voyage Fare
- Government Fees and Taxes
- Pre-paid service charges
- Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free at Sea promotion selection)
- Restricted air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Hotel purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Cruise tours purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Pre-booked and pre-paid shore excursions
- Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection insurance
The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:
- Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free at Sea programme
- Internet packages that are not part of the Free at Sea programme
- Shore excursions booked while onboard
- Onboard credit
- Water/soft drink packages
- Bottles of wine
- Onboard amenities such as: Bottles of wine, bon voyage gifts, celebration or photo packages
- Restricted air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line.
If the cruise fare for the new booking exceeds the FCC's value, guests will be responsible for the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the FCC's value, the remaining balance will be returned to your FCC.
We have favorably modified our final payment schedule for voyages embarking through and including March 31, 2022. Final Payment for voyages embarking through and including March 31, 2022 has changed from 120 days prior to sailing to 30 days prior to sailing. Final Payment and cancellation schedule for all voyages embarking April 1, 2022 forward will remain at our standard policy. The full cancellation and final payment schedule can be viewed here
At time of cancellation, all promotional offers, amenities, and value adds will be removed from the booking and will not carry-over to future reservations. Future reservations are subject to prevailing fares and offers in market at the time of booking.
No. Peace of Mind allows you to defer decisions to a later date and therefore the cancelled cruise may not be re-booked using the FCC.
The full value of FCC will be credited back to the guest's Latitudes profile if cancellation is outside of standard penalties. Cancellation penalties will be withdrawn from the FCC amount if applicable and remaining balance will be attached to guest's profile.
No, guests will receive the full value of their winning bid within the FCC and can apply that towards the sailing and category of their choice. Guests can then participate in a new bid once invited to bid for the newly selected sailing.
Policies for Sixthman full-ship charters may differ. Please contact Sixthman directly.
Guests booked on a full-ship charter to sail aboard a Norwegian Cruise Line ship are not eligible for this offer. Any full-ship charter guests during this period should contact their charter company or programme operator directly with any questions.
As government regulations evolve, our health and safety protocols will evolve as needed to ensure compliance. This may mean different protocols from ship to ship based on local state or port requirements or in an abundance of caution to keep our guests and crew as safe as possible. For up-to-the-minute details on vaccination requirements, testing protocols, and health and safety procedures visit www.ncl.com/sail-safe.
Any ancillary items sold by Norwegian Cruise Line will be refunded to the cardholder who made the original purchase (refunded to the original form of payment) and will not be included in the FCC. Ancillary pre-purchased items include:
- Bon Voyage gifts and celebration packages
- Dining or beverage packages (those not part of the Free at Sea (FAS) promotion)
- Water and/or soft drink packages
- Purchased on board credits
- Internet packages
- Photo packages
CruiseNext certificates used will be returned to the guest account on file.
The new policy applies to both individual and group bookings*. Charters are excluded.
No. The cancellation window provides Peace of Mind allowing you to defer decisions to a later date and therefore the cancelled cruise may not be re-booked using the FCC.
* Peace of mind is only applicable to bookings that have payment applied as per terms and conditions.