Duration 5 1/2 hrs
Cruise to a trailhead in America’s largest national forest and then hike to a pristine lake, where you may kayak, fish or simply relax around the crackling campfire. The adventure begins with an immensely scenic boat ride of about five miles to Camp Coogan Bay and then on to a trailhead that offers easy access into the pristine wonderland of Tongass National Forest. You can expect to hike under a canopy of towering hemlock, spruce and cedar trees that shade an understory of evergreens. Along the way, the guide will point out the most interesting flora and fauna and describe their roles in the ecosystem. In time, you will hike past a waterfall, eventually arriving at a pristine mountain lake, where you will enjoy free time. Few places are as peaceful and majestic as the Tongass National Forest, an area that avid outdoorsman Theodore Roosevelt established as president in the early 1900s.
• Cruise through pristine bay waters to a trailhead in the Tongass National Forest.
• Follow a winding trail through Tongass, the world’s largest intact rainforest.
• Observe the flora and fauna that the naturalist guide points out and describes.
• Pause at a waterfall on the way to a mountain lake.
• Enjoy time to do as you please while at the mountain lake.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: €251,51 EUR
- Child from: €251,51 EUR