Alaska Cruise Tours: 12-Day Denali/Alyeska Explorer
12-Day Denali/Alyeska Explorer
5-Day Escorted Motorcoach and Railroad Tour
1 Night Anchorage / 2 Nights Denali / 1 Night in Alyeska
(Offered before the 7-Day Southbound Cruise or after the Northbound Cruise.)
The NCL Difference
- Mt. Alyeska tram excursion
- Anchorage city tour
- Alaska Railroad – Dome Class – Anchorage to Denali National Park
- Tundra Wilderness Tour, all Cruise Tours feature 2 nights in Denali
- Iditarod musher's kennel tour
- Tour the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre where you will see the animals of Alaska in a natural setting
- Fully escorted by local Alaskan tour director
- Airport Meet and Greet by representative
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
Book This Cruise Tour Online
Day 1 Anchorage
Adventure meets modern living in Anchorage. Get settled into your hotel, then step out and get to know this diverse city. Transfer from airport to hotel. Overnight in Anchorage.
• Alaska's Largest City • Shopping • Plenty of Local Restaurants • Local Hiking Trails • Anchorage Museum • Alaska Native Heritage Centre • "City of Flowers" • City Parks • Nightlife • Urban
Day 2 Anchorage/Denali
Rise and shine! After your Norwegian Cruise Line Tour Director greets you at your hotel, ride on the world famous Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Denali. Wind along the Susitna River where you have a good chance of seeing wildlife. Wander the train where you can go up into the vista dome, eat in the dining room at your own expense or just sit in your comfortable reclining seats. Open afternoon and evening for optional tours in Denali. Overnight Denali.
Alaska Railroad Highlights:
Historic travel experience • Peaceful, Comfortable Extra-large seats in Adventure Class • Local Alaskan Conductor • Dedicated Local Alaskan Railroad Tour Guide • Wandering-style Scenic Gazing from the Vista Dome Railcar • Lighter Meals Available Anytime or Fine Dining Available in the Dining Car • Drinks and Cocktails Available Trainwide
Day 3 Denali
Travel today on your bus tour deep into Denali National Park on the included seven hour Tundra Wilderness Tour. Snack box is included on the tour. The remainder of the day is open in Denali for optional activities such as whitewater rafting, helicopter flightseeing, hiking or one of the Park Service programmes. Overnight again in Denali. (Itinerary may be altered to do Morning Tundra Wilderness Tour)
• Mt McKinley • Wildlife Viewing Opportunities • Denali National Park • Hiking Trails • Lots of Optional Tours: Rafting, Fly Fishing, Golfing, Flightseeing, Dog Demonstrations, Jetboats • Murie Science Centre • Denali Visitors Centre • Bus tours
Day 4 Denali/Alyeska
Today travel from Denali via motorcoach to Alyeska. Stop enroute at an Iditarod Sled Dog Mushers home for a private visit and learn about the Last Great Race. A brief stop in Anchorage this afternoon then on to the deluxe Alyeska Resort in Girdwood.
Winner Creek Trail • Best hotel/resort property in Alaska with pool and spa • Tram to top of Mt. Alyeska • Excellent local restaurants or enjoy dining at the hotel • Ski Town • Local favourite
Alaska Dog Mushing Highlights:
Hear tales of mushing at sub-zero temperatures from an actual musher of Alaska's State Sport. See puppies!
Day 5 Alyeska/Whittier
Open morning in the resort to hike on the trails, enjoy the swimming pool or take a helicopter ride to land on a glacier. Enjoy an included tram ride to the top of Mt. Alyeska. This afternoon transfer via motorcoach to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre where you will see the animals of Alaska in a natural setting. Continue on to Whittier to board Norwegian Sun for your 7-Day Sawyer Glacier cruise.
*Northbound tours operate in reverse. Guests may depart at any time on Day 5.
Call your travel agent
Let the perfect cruise find you! Be in the know about the hottest deals, new ships, new itineraries and so much more!