What is the Guppies Nursery 5-Step Discipline Policy for Children under 3 years old?
- STEP 1: Warning: The Nursery Attendant addresses the child and it is explained that his/her behavior is unacceptable and needs to be improved immediately.
- STEP 2: Second Warning: If the behavior continues, the Nursery Attendant addresses the child and it is explained that his/her behavior is unacceptable and needs to be improved immediately.
- STEP 3: Reflection Time: If the child continues to disobey the Nursery Attendant, reflection time is issued and the parents are notified at pick-up time.
- STEP 4: Suspension: If a time out is not effective in eliminating the inappropriate behavior, the parents are located and the child is grounded from the programme for 24 hours. After 24 hours the child is welcome to return to programme.
- STEP 5: Dismissal: Once the child is allowed back into the programme after the initial dismissal, if any disobedient behaviours continue, the child will no longer be allowed to participate.
Depending on the nature of the behavior, the more severe behaviours may warrant a higher discipline as deemed appropriate by the Nursery Coordinator or Youth Programme Manager.