What can't I bring onboard?
Passengers should not bring the following items onboard any Norwegian Cruise Line ship:
- Drones (Game Flying Device)
Guests are not permitted to bring drones onboard for safety of other guests, as well as the welfare of the vessel.
- Samsung Galaxy Note7
In light of recent safety issues with the Samsung Galaxy Note7, we are asking our guests who own this model to please avoid travelling with this mobile device. The Federal Aviation Administration has banned the Samsung Galaxy Note7 from all air travel, and until further notice, this device will be restricted from all Norwegian Cruise Line ships. Fire is one of the greatest threats at sea and due to the safety concerns these devices present, if one is found in a guest's possession or unattended in a stateroom onboard, our policy instructs the crew to confiscate the device for safekeeping. The device will remain in our possession, in a safe, monitored location, for the duration of the cruise. Guests can reclaim their device at the conclusion of the cruise from the reception desk.
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages of any kind including water, soda and juices*
For more information read our FAQ about "Can I bring water or soda on board?".
- Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.
- Firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature
- Irons / Ironing Boards and Steamers
Guests are not permitted to bring and use their own irons or steamers onboard. Norwegian Cruise Line carries a limited number of irons and ironing boards which can be loaned to guests for a few hours at a time. They can be requested through housekeeping or Guest Services Desk.
Irons and steamers would both be taken from guests at embarkation and returned at the end of the sailing.
- Animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.
- Large Batteries, Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers are not allowed onboard.
For a full list of items that are prohibited onboard, please CLICK HERE