Refund and Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
For all cruises:
The following information applies to all sailings scheduled during the nationally declared Public Health Emergency involving COVID-19. Except as specifically stated below, or as otherwise provided in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise, the standard cancellation policies and penalties described in the Cruise Ticket Contract apply. The below policies are effective January 1, 2021 for voyages dates on or after January 1, 2021 on a prospective basis for all cruises:
Cruise Cancelled by Norwegian
- If your cruise is cancelled by Norwegian or boarding is delayed by twenty-four (24) hours or more due to government order or declaration of Public Health Emergency, you are entitled to a refund of the amount paid to Norwegian within 180 days, or an optional Future Cruise Credit ("FCC"). This policy also applies if you already cancelled the same cruise within 60 days prior to the scheduled sailing date.
Cruise Cancelled by Guest
- If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from travelling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.
- If you, your family members or travelling companions assigned to the same stateroom cancel a cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. To qualify for the FCC, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Norwegian, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Norwegian.
Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation
- If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or are quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a prorated refund, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”), for the amount paid to Norwegian in the event of denial at embarkation, or the unused portion of your fare in all other cases
- Guests denied embarkation or reboarding, or who are disembarked or quarantined during the voyage, for failure to comply with the Norwegian COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. Please refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract issued for your cruise for complete details.
*All refund requests must be made within six months of the date you cancelled your voyage or the scheduled embarkation date, whichever is earlier, or you will only be entitled to a Future Cruise Credit for the amount specified. To apply for a refund please go to https://www.ncl.com/case-submission
Norwegian'sBook with Confidence
For all cruises:
We are going the extra mile to help ensure your safety on board and ashore. With Norwegian's Book with Confidence, you can cruise safely with enhanced health and safety protocols and flexible booking rules, whether you are already booked or are thinking of booking by October 31, 2021 for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including March 31, 2022.
Simply put, for new and existing reservations for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including March 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel anytime up to 15 days in advance of embarkation for the following reasons:
- If the local official government prohibits non-essential travel abroad.
- If, after you have secured your reservation,
- your local government changes the travel restrictions to the destination you are travelling to and as a result you are required to quarantine upon your return home;
- the local government changes the travel restrictions for the destination you are travelling to and as a result you are required to quarantine upon arrival;
- the local government for the countries our sailing starts and/or ends at are closed to visitors from your country of citizenship.
Anyone choosing to cancel will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit applicable towards all published sailings through December 31, 2022.