Duration 4 Days/3 Nights
During your voyage, enjoy a rare opportunity to explore the world’s most fascinating destinations with knowledgeable guides to help you discover off-the-beaten-path gems.
On this Overland Program, you’ll disembark the ship for three nights to enjoy a more authentic insider’s view, experiencing firsthand the colorful culture, dramatic landscapes and exquisite landmarks of Agra and Jaipur before rejoining your ship. Visit the white marble Taj Mahal, perhaps the world’s most famous mausoleum and then discover the fascinating history and culture of Jaipur through its architectural gems and rituals.
Special Note: Any guests travelling with Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines should read further below for airline stipulations with regards to bringing this equipment on tour.
Day 1 - Thursday, November 25, 2021
Disembark the ship in Mumbai. After completing disembarking procedures, transfer to the airport for a flight to Jaipur. Lunch is served aloft. Baggage will be transported in a separate van to the airport for pre-check-in.
Jaipur is where the enduring charisma of the past blends with the throbbing vitality of today. Where a colorful cast of characters - from painters and potters to artists and antique dealers - present a fascinating picture of a city that is alive to both tradition and change.
Your luggage will be transported in a separate truck to the hotel and placed in your room.
From the airport, proceed directly to visit the Amber Fort, a former seat of the Rajput rulers of Jaipur. Ascend the fortress seated in a jeep, wander around beautiful palaces and visit Shiladevi, the private temple of the royal family, with its exquisite marble carvings and silver door.
Before transferring to your hotel, there’s time to explore Jaipur’s bazaars laden with carpets, gems and jewelry; the specialties being traditional hand-block printed fabric, antique textiles and handicrafts.
Later, check-in to your hotel. Dinner is included at your hotel.
Day 2 - Friday, November 26, 2021
Join the local residents at dawn as they immerse in a morning Aarti ritual at Govind Dev Ji Temple (also called Krishna Temple). The Temple was built in 1735 by the Maharajah Sawai Pratap Singh II and decorated with many beautiful chandeliers and Indian paintings. The building has the world’s largest, single-span flat roof and was positioned so that the Maharajah would enjoy a direct view of it from his palace.
`Aarti’ is a Sanskrit word for homage or devotion. The aarti or offering of lamps is observed at prescribed hours of the day and night to invoke the gods. It is believed that the gods physically present themselves before devotees at this ceremony. Lamps are revolved before the idol in a clockwise manner along with the chanting of hymns.
This recitation is accompanied by drums, the blowing of a conch-shell and the tolling of temple bells. At the end of the `aarti’, the priest takes a handful of water, which he revolves around the god's idol to pacify `agni' (the fire god), who is pressed into service in the form of a wick lamp. The lamps themselves are charged with this "presence" and thus after the ceremony devotees collect the fumes and smear their faces with its aroma.
Following this unique ritual, you will return to your hotel for breakfast.
Later, checkout and take a drive into old Jaipur stopping by the Hawa Mahal or Palace of Winds, a good example of Rajput artistry made of red and pink sand stone, beautifully outlined with white borders and motifs painted with quick lime.
Visit the City Palace which occupies the center of Jaipur, covers one seventh of its area and is surrounded by a high wall. We have access to the private section where the Royal Family lives, while also exploring public areas now converted to museums, displaying the Maharaja’s vast collection of textiles and costumes, an array of armory, miniature paintings and carpets.
Opposite the City Palace is the open-air royal observatory “Jantar Mantar”. Maharaja Jai Singh, the creator of Jaipur loved mathematics and science, sending emissaries to the court of Mirza Beg in Samarkand who had built an observatory in 1425. Spending much of his time studying astronomy, he constructed masonry observatories in the cities of Delhi, Varanasi, Ujjain, Mathura and most impressively the `Jantar Mantar’ in 1728.
An exclusive lunch is arranged in the City Palace Café, after which you will depart Jaipur for Agra on a 4 ½ hour road journey taking in the Rajasthani countryside. Comfort stops are made along the way.
Agra’s story or glory began with the arrival of the Mughals, who made it a great center of learning, art, commerce and culture. With its cosmopolitan bazaars and strategic location on the river Jamuna, Agra was altogether a worthy setting for the focus of an empire. This ‘city of the past’ has impressive World Heritage sites and traditional artisan workshops.
Later in the evening, you will enjoy drinks at the pool terrace while being entertained by a classical Kathak dance performance. This royal courtroom dance arose from the fusion of Hindu and Muslim cultures during the Mughal era. It is characterized by rhythmic footwork, spectacular spins, mime and gestures that are a dramatic representation of themes from Persian poetry synthesized with Hindu mythology.
Following the performance, dinner is included at your hotel.
Day 3 - Saturday, November 27, 2021
The day begins with tea, coffee, juices and rolls served in the lobby. You will then depart to visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise, as the early rays of the sun cast upon the pearl-white tomb. Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the monument. A lacy white grandeur, perhaps the most perfect architectural monument accomplished, amazingly graceful from any angle, it is the close-up detail which is really astounding.
Return to your hotel for breakfast and later see the World Heritage Agra Fort, credited to Emperor Akbar, India’s great visionary. Astonishing palaces, mosques, and audience halls contained within its massive walls of red sandstone are embellished by an artistic fusion of Hindu and Islamic traditions.
There are options to browse shops such as Kohinoor, jewelers to the Mughal Court, featured in National Geographic. Old emerald necklaces, enamel jewelry, silver, pocket watches in gold and silver, textiles and embroidery form part of their private collection. The Marble Inlay factories steeped in this decorative art culture are also a specialty of Agra.
After lunch, checkout and drive to Delhi where you will spend the night at a hotel near the airport. Dinner is included at your hotel.
Day 4 - Sunday, November 28, 2021
Checkout after tea, coffee, juices and rolls are served. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Cochin. Breakfast with refreshments are served aloft. On arrival, transfer from airport to pier and re-board your ship. Baggage will be transported in a separate van to the pier.
Land Program Step by Step
The order of sites visited may vary to avoid congestion. This program is subject to flight confirmations which are beyond our control. All program details including timings and any flights indicated below are approximate, given here for general reference purposes and subject to change.
Final itineraries with the most up to date details will be provided by the Destination Services Team on board once the program has been reconfirmed by our local ground operator approximately 30 days before operation. Please review your final itinerary carefully for any amendments. Flight details will not be available until that time.
Day 1 - Thursday, November 25, 2021
• 8:00am Spirit is scheduled to arrive in Mumbai Port
• 8:30am After immigration and custom formalities, disembark and transfer to Mumbai airport
• 9:30am Arrive at the airport, receive boarding passes and proceed through security
• 11:15am Depart Mumbai for Jaipur (flight details TBA and subject to change)
• Lunch with refreshment will be served aloft
• 1:15pm Arrive in Jaipur and proceed directly to visit the Amber Fort
• 2:30pm Arrive and visit Amber Fort
• 4:30pm Depart Amber Fort and explore the Jaipur markets
• 6:00pm Drive to your hotel
• 6:30pm Arrive at the hotel and check-in.
• 7:30pm Dinner at the hotel
• Overnight at the Lalit Jaipur or similar hotel
Day 2 - Friday, November 26, 2021
• 6:30am Visit the Govind Dev (Krishna) Temple to witness the Aarti Ceremony
• Tea, coffee, juices and rolls will be served in the hotel lobby prior to departure
• 8:00am Breakfast at the hotel
• 9:30am Checkout and drive to visit Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar and City Palace
• 12:30pm Exclusive lunch at the City Palace Café
• 2:00pm Drive to Agra
• 6:30pm Check in to your hotel
• 7:00pm Classical Kathak dance performance
• From 7:30pm Dinner at the hotel
• Overnight at the Courtyard by Marriott or similar hotel
Day 3 - Saturday, November 27, 2021
• 5:15am Tea, coffee, juices and rolls served in the lobby
• 6:00am Depart for the Taj Mahal
• 6:15am Sunrise visit of the monument followed by a comprehensive tour of the monument
• From 8:00am Breakfast at the hotel
• 9:00am Visit Agra Fort. Option to explore local market and inlay factories
• 12:30pm Lunch at the hotel
• 2:00pm Drive to Delhi
• 6:00pm Check in to your hotel
• 7:30pm Dinner at the hotel.
• Overnight at the Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi or similar hotel
Day 4 - Sunday, November 28, 2021
• 3:30am Tea, coffee, juices and rolls are served in the lobby
• 4:00am Transfer to the airport
• 4:30am Arrive at the airport, receive boarding passes and proceed through security.
• 6:00am Depart Delhi for Cochin (flight details TBA and subject to change)
• Breakfast with refreshments are served aloft
• 9:05am Arrive in Cochin and transfer to pier
• 11:00am Re-board your ship
Days are sunny and comfortable with temperatures between 23 to 25°C (73 to 77°F). The evenings are cooler, between 13 to 15°C (55 to 59°F), with temperatures dropping as the night progresses.
What to Bring:
Casual, weather-appropriate wear for the day. Bring a sweater or jacket for the early mornings and evenings. Also, bring sun block, hats, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes. As the Taj Mahal is also a mausoleum, certain religious customs must be observed. As a token of respect, it is customary to remove your footwear before entering. Ladies should avoid wearing tank tops or any top with spaghetti straps, as well as short shorts. Knee-length shorts are acceptable for men and women.
The currency for India is the Indian Rupee. US Dollars are widely accepted. Guests will need to provide a credit card upon check in at each hotel for any incidentals.
The electric voltage in India is 220 – 240 volts. We recommend bringing your own travel adaptor if necessary.
Proposed Aircraft type (subject to change):
Airbus A320 - All economy class seating. Air upgrades not available
Light luggage would be most suited for this trip. On internal flights guests are permitted to check-in one bag not to weigh more than 15kg (33lbs) and one carry-on is permitted with a max weight of 7 kgs (15 lbs). Guests who have excess or overweight luggage will be required to pay any fees upon check in at the airport.
Carriage of Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines on internal flights in India (as per Airline regulations):
- Guests must obtain a Doctor’s Certificate mentioning their medical condition and the need to carry this equipment with them on their flights.
- The certificate should have attached a picture of the equipment with its description/specifications especially with regards to the type of batteries used (lithium/dry or any other type).
- These documents need to be sent to the Cruisetours Team via Reservations at NCL at least 1 month prior to travel so that our local operator can begin the notification process with the airline(s).
- Failure to comply with the above regulations will result in a denial of this equipment at the airport for which Norwegian Cruise Line nor our local ground operator be responsible for.
Documents and Visa Requirements:
It is essential to have a valid Indian Visa for the trip and bring your passport.
Jaipur The LaLiT Jaipur 2B & 2C, Jagatpura Road, Near Jawahar Circle, Jaipur - 302 017, Rajasthan. Phone: (+91 141) 664 7777 & 519 7777
Courtyard by Marriott Taj Nagri, Phase II, Fatehabad Road, Agra – 282001 Phone: (+91 562) 245 7777
Radisson Blu Plaza Near Mahipalpur Extension Nh 8, New Delhi – 110037 Phone: (+91-11) 2677 9191
*We will only source different hotels in unforeseen situations. If similar hotels are required, they will be of equal ratings and standards and you will be notified of the change. If you are not notified of any changes before your departure, then you will be staying at the hotels listed in this program.
• 2 nights in Jaipur at the Lalit Jaipur or similar hotel – standard double room
• 1 night in Agra at the Courtyard by Marriott or similar hotel – standard double room
• 1 night in Delhi at the Radisson Blu Plaza or similar hotel – standard double room
• Breakfast daily
• Lunches and dinners per the itinerary – inclusive of house wines, beer, mineral water, sodas
• Transfers, sightseeing and road journeys in air-conditioned coaches
• Water on coaches
• Touring and entrance fees per the itinerary
• Camera and video charges where necessary
• Kathak dance performance in Agra
• Local tour manager to accompany the group throughout along with English-speaking guides
• Economy class flights per the itinerary – upgrades not available. Direct flights not guaranteed
Program does not include:
• Any meals or beverages not listed in the itinerary
• Gratuities for drivers and guides
• Hotel incidentals including phone calls, laundry, room service and mini bar
• Overweight or excess luggage fees
• Indian Visa fees
Land programs that encompass multiple days ashore customarily include extensive and prolonged activity, while those of shorter durations typically have more moderate activity levels. However, each program varies, and participants should be prepared to negotiate a mixture of surfaces which may include inclines, cobblestones, sand, and gravel or natural paths. There may also be a need to climb steps or stairs on occasion. Guests who utilize a wheelchair and those with mobility concerns are advised to check with the cruise line in advance to see if any portion of the tour program may not be considered suitable for their individual situation. Weather appropriate clothing; hats; sunglasses; and flat, comfortable walking shoes are generally recommended.
All land programs are capacity controlled and subject to availability. Programs falling under the minimum number of required participants are subject to cancellation. Pricing listed is also subject to change to meet unexpected cost increases for transportation, land arrangements or currency fluctuations.
Once purchased, pricing is guaranteed and not subject to change. Mid cruise overland programs must be purchased no later than 60 days prior to your sail date. Cancellations made within 60 days or less prior to the sail date are subject to 100% cancellation penalty.
- Adult from: €1.802,18 EUR
- Child from: €1.802,18 EUR