Ponta Delgada, Azores
Duration 8 1/2 hrs
Get some exercise and leave Ponta Delgada a better place than you found it by collecting litter while jogging between the city’s main attractions. It may sound like an unusual activity, but “plogging”—a combination of jogging and the Swedish word for “picking up”—is a fitness craze that began in Sweden and is catching on in other environmentally conscious places. As you jog or just walk somewhat briskly through Ponta Delgada, you will see the sights and do your part to help clean up any unsightly trash, discarded plastic in particular. The guide will point out and describe the attractions, which are many as Ponta Delgada is the largest city in the Azores. You will likely see the 16th-century fortification São Brás, a convent of the same age, the landmark city gates, and Mercado da Graça, a downtown farmer’s market. As a bonus, you will burn a few calories and improve the city’s appearance.
• Jog around Ponta Delgada as the guide points out and describes the attractions.
• Pick up litter along the way and leave the city a better place than you found it.
• See landmarks that best represent the cultural and historical aspects of the city.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: €67,52 EUR
- Child from: €57,73 EUR