קטצ'יקן (וורד קוב), אלסקה
Duration 3 hrs
Hike to Talbot Lake following a natural trail through Tongass National Forest, the largest national forest in America. Although the hike is only about three miles long roundtrip, the surrounding scenery is wonderfully varied and spectacular. You will walk in the shadow of towering western hemlocks, Sitka spruce and red cedars, all indigenous to the area. The naturalist guide will narrate the hike by describing the native flora and fauna and detailing the history of the area, which was once crucial to the logging industry. In the decades since the last pulp mill closed, the forest has regained its splendor and wildlife has flourished. You may spot eagles, deer, and beavers, which are particularly prevalent along the trail at Talbot Lake. The lake-view setting couldn’t be more serene as you sip hot chocolate while gathered around a campfire. You may see anglers fishing for cutthroat trout, but otherwise you will likely have the woods to yourself.
• Hike three miles roundtrip through Tongass National Forest, America’s largest such landscape.
• Follow the trail to beautiful Talbot Lake and gather around a crackling campfire.
• Learn about the flora, fauna, and local history from the naturalist guide.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: $149.00 USD
- Child from: $139.00 USD