Santa Cruz de la Palma, Spain
Duration 4 1/2 hrs
Become familiar with the agricultural practices of Ecofinca Nogales, an organic farm that grows fruits and vegetables using sustainable methods that respect the environment. While touring the family-operated farm, you will see firsthand how the produce is grown without chemicals that may damage the quality of the soil. Compost tea, livestock manure and plant debris are used as an organic fertilizer that over time improve the fertility of the land. The farm has also optimized its irrigation system to reduce water consumption and meticulously recorded its carbon footprint to see how it might be lessened. As a result, everything grown at Ecofinca Nogales is certified to be ecologically responsible and sustainable. The variety and distinct flavors of the produce may surprise you. During the tasting that follows the guided tour, you may sample Pinkerton avocados, Red Lady papayas and aubergines.
• Visit an organic farm that strictly follows sustainable practices.
• See how the farm’s water consumption and carbon footprint have been reduced.
• Taste a variety of fruits and vegetables grown using traditional, eco-friendly methods.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: $119.00 USD
- Child from: $119.00 USD