Discover the glorious heights of Inca culture and the grandeur of the Andes on this exhilarating 4-day overland tour. On day one, you will board an early morning flight from Tacna to Lima.
Transfer from Arica’s pier to Tacna airport. (Flight from Arica to Tacna is TBA)
OVERNIGHT AT WESTIN LIMA HOTEL & CONVENTION CENTER
Timing Stops / Visits
• 01:00pm-05:00pm Transfer from Arica port to Tacna Airport
• 07:25pm-09:15pm Flight from Tacna to Lima (TBA)
• 09:50pm-10:50pm Transfer to the hotel in Lima
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Lima / Cusco
In the morning, after a buffet breakfast you will be transferred to Lima airport. (Flight from Lima to Cusco is TBA) Upon arrival, you will be taken a local restaurant in the city to enjoy lunch.
Next, visit the splendid Baroque-style Cusco Cathedral, built in the mid-1500s on the foundations of Inca palace. Many of the stones used in its construction were looted from the nearby Sacsayhuaman Fortress.
Continuing on, see the sacred site of Koricancha. Here, you will admire the lovely Dominican Convent of Santo Domingo that was built on the foundations of the Temple of the Sun, the most magnificent temple in the Inca Empire. The curved, mortar-less masonry wall at the west end of the church is considered one of the greatest existing examples of Inca stonework.
Finally, visit the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman, built by ancient people using massive boulders some weighing 120 tons and seemingly superhuman skill, the site retains an aura of elusive mystery.
Transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
OVERNIGHT AT PALACIO DEL INKA. A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL
• 08:00am-08:50am Transfer to Lima Airport
• 10:30am-12:00pm Flight from Lima to Cusco (TBA)
• 12:30pm-12:55pm Transfer to the city
• 12:55pm-02:30pm Lunch at local restaurant
• 02:45pm-03:45pm Cusco City tour: Visit the Cathedral
• 04:00pm-04:45pm Visit Koricancha
• 05:00pm-05:45pm Visit Sacsayhuaman Fortress
• 05:45pm-06:00pm Transfer to hotel in Cusco Check in
• 07:00pm-overnight Dinner and accommodation at Palacio del Inka Hotel
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Cusco / Machu Picchu / Cusco
After your buffet breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to Ollantaytambo Train Station to board the Inca Rail Train. Lunch will be served on board. Upon arriving in Aguas Calientes, a motorcoach will take you to the ruins of Machu Picchu to explore this famous “Lost City of the Incas.” Constructed as a royal retreat for the Inca emperor Pachacuti in the 1400s. Machu Picchu was abandoned less than 100 years later most likely believed to be due to a devastating smallpox epidemic. Because the Spanish conquistadors never found this hidden city, Hiram Bingham discovered it largely intact.
Architectural highlights include the Temple of the Sun designed much like the one in Cusco as well as several other temples, hundreds of terraces, and a mysterious carved stone situated on a raised platform that towers above the plaza. The stone may have been used for astronomical observations, but no one knows for certain. The Inca had no written language, so there is no record of Machu Picchu’s ultimate purpose. Scholars are still striving to uncover clues as to its mysteries.
After visiting Machu Picchu, you will return by rail to Cusco. Dinner will be served on board. And then transfer to our hotel in Cusco for accommodation.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
OVERNIGHT AT PALACIO DEL INKA, A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL
• AM Breakfast at the hotel
• 09:00am-11:00am Transfer to train station
• 11:15am-12:40pm Board the Inca Rail Train to Aguas Calientes. Lunch will be served aboard.
• 12:50pm-01:20pm Bus to Machu Picchu
• 01:20pm-04:00pm Guided visit of Machu Picchu
• 04:10pm-04:30pm Bus to Aguas Calientes
• 07:00pm-08:40pm Board the Inca Rail Train to Ollantaytambo. Dinner will be served aboard.
• 08:50pm-10:50pm Transfer to Cusco to Palacio del Inka Hotel
Friday, March 20, 2020
In the morning after a buffet breakfast and check out, continue to Awanacancha, a traditional textile center where you will have the opportunity to see different species of camelids and do some shopping. Enjoy an early lunch at a local restaurant.
Then continue to the airport for your flight to Lima. (Flight from Cusco to Lima is TBA). Upon arrival in Lima transfer to the pier to re-join the vessel.
• 08:00am-08:45am Transfer and visit to Awanacancha
• 10:00am-10:45am Transfer to the airport
• 12:00pm-01:30pm Flight from Cusco to Lima (TBA)
• 01:00pm-02:30pm Transfer to Callao pier & embark Norwegian Star
Sites and order of visits are subject to change due to weather or other operational influences.
All flights are in economy class. All flights in economy class allow a maximum of 20kg (or 44lbs) per person and 1 airline approved carry-on bag.
Carriage of Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines on internal flights per airline regulations (subject to change as each airline has their own regulations):
- Guests must obtain a Doctor’s Certificate mentioning their medical condition and the need to carry this equipment with them on their flights.
- The certificate should have attached a picture of the equipment with its description/specifications especially with regards to the type of batteries used (lithium/dry or any other type)
- These documents need to be sent to the Land Program Team via Reservations at RSSC at least one month prior to travel so that our local operator can begin the notification process with the airline(s).
- Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in a denial of this equipment at the airport for which Regent Seven Seas Cruises nor our local ground operator be responsible for.
- 2 nights at Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel accommodation including breakfast.
- 1 night at Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center accommodation including breakfast.
- 3 lunches and 2 dinners as specified in the itinerary (including 1 local drink per person – choice of local beer, glass of house wine or soft drink).
- Transport in private touring air-conditioned vehicle(s).
- Inca Rail train with regular service to/from Machu Picchu.
- Registered English-speaking tour guide in Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Tour Escort will accompany the tour group.
- Entrance fees and excursions as featured in itinerary.
- 1 mineral water per person on the coach transfers.
- Porterage, allowing for a maximum of one 44-lb. soft-sided bag per person.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- All other meals & beverages not noted in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as curio shop purchases, laundry, guide/driver gratuity & telephone calls.
- Any other services not mentioned above.
- Gratuities to drivers and guides.