Utility Hotel - Janitorial
Ensure efficient cleaning, daily service, sanitation, stocking and support of assigned area within the hotel operation on-board your vessel, according to USPH regulations.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
High School Diploma/GED
: 6 months related janitorial experience in a hotel / institutional establishment or restaurant environment. Experience in waxing and buffing floors is preferred.
• Carries out the following assignments: o Shampoos and vacuums carpets and furniture as needed. o Washes windows, walls and ceilings as needed. o Empties litter bins and ash urns constantly and keeps areas clean at all times. o Services restrooms and maintains cleanliness and orderliness. o Polishes brass, handrails and fixtures as needed. o Dusts assigned work areas daily. o Cleans glass doors daily. o Offers all possible assistance to guests. o Maintains all cleaning equipment in good working order. o Keeps chemical and cleaning lockers clean and orderly. o Reports any loss or damage of linen, furniture, fixtures or equipment. • Provides guest requests in the absence of the room steward/ess. This includes make up and turn down service. • Responsible for the collection and deliveries of guest luggage to/from respective decks. • Provides full service cleaning of cabins to Officers and Key Personnel assigned to their section, to include but not be limited to: o Bathrooms cleaned and sanitized daily o Bedrooms dusted, vacuumed, tidied daily o Bed linens on changing day or as needed o Balcony washed down daily (if applicable) o Hallway walls cleaned, polished and vacuumed daily
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate the following physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). If the applicant has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or higher, or if the verifying medical practitioner doubts the applicants ability to successfully perform any of the following functions, a suitable practical demonstration is required for those functions. The verifying medical practitioner, in consultation with any other qualified practitioners he/she deems appropriate, determines whether a practical demonstration is necessary, and whether the applicant is physically competent or not physically competent. • Is able to maintain a sense of balance without disturbance while walking and standing • Is able to climb up and down vertical ladders and stairways • Is able to step over a door sill or coaming up to 24 inches in height • Is able to move through a restricted opening of 24 inches by 24 inches • Is able to open and close watertight doors that weigh up to 55 pounds. Must be able to move hands/arms in vertical and horizontal directions, rotate wrists and reach above shoulder height to turn handles • Is able to lift at least a 40 pound load off the ground, and to carry, push or pull the same load • Is able to grasp and manipulate common tools such as wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers • Is able to crouch, kneel and crawl • Is able to distinguish differences in texture and temperature by feel • Is able to intermittently stand on feet for up to four hours with minimal rest periods • Is able to react to visual alarms and instructions • Is able to react to audible alarms and instructions • Is capable of normal conversation • Is able to pull an uncharged 1.5 inch diameter, 50' fire hose with nozzle to full extension, and to lift a charged 1.5 inch diameter fire hose to firefighting position • Is physically able to put on a Personal Flotation Devise (PFD) without assistance from another individual • Has no physical limitations that would hinder or prevent the performance of duties