Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer
Ketchikan (Ward Cove), Alaska
Durata 5 ore e 3/4
The adventure begins as soon as you leave Ward Cove via transport bus to Ketchikan's picturesque harbor to the downtown vessel embarkation location, passing by colorful floatplanes and fishing boats. As you board the vessel, enjoy the service and narrative provided by your crew, and watch for marine and coastal wildlife as you "fly" at sea level past the rugged coastlines bordering Revillagigedo Channel. Voyage into Behm Canal, surrounded by the pristine beauty of Misty Fjords. Along the way you may stop to view an active bald eagle's nest, a Tlingit pictograph, and New Eddystone Rock; an immense volcanic spire rising from the Emerald Sea. Delight in the unhurried exploration of Rudyerd Bay, an ice-carved masterpiece deep within the Monument. Here, you'll learn the natural history of the fjords, listen to the call of nesting sea birds, and enjoy glistening waterfalls while gliding quietly beneath 3,000-ft glacier sculpted cliffs. On the cruise back to Ketchikan, enjoy a selection of snacks and beverages while watching for whales, seals, eagles, and other wildlife. You will also have the opportunity to experience the culture, and history presented by a Native story-teller and Artist, or enjoy a tour-related video presentation.
• The most luxurious way to experience Misty Fjords! Our spacious, expedition vessel features climate-controlled deluxe seating, wrap-around windows, an observation deck, galley & restrooms.
• Premiere destination for rugged exploration and dramatic landscapes. Surround yourself with 3,000-ft granite cliffs, glistening waterfalls, and wildlife habitats.
• Weather reliability! This tour is seldom affected by rain or low clouds. These common conditions actually enhance the beauty of Misty Fjords.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: €235,44 EUR
- Child from: €169,25 EUR