What vaccines will be accepted?
For All Norwegian Cruise Line Ships:
- Any U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA), and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol ≥2 weeks after receipt of the final dose.
- i.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria & CoviShield), Novavax and Covovax, Sinopharm or Sinovac, etc.
- A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 two-dose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
- Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
- Current Unauthorized Vaccines: Sputnik V
- To be fully vaccinated means to complete the full brand vaccination protocol of one brand of vaccine OR two doses of a mixed vaccination combination, and therefore a single shot of AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sinopharm or Sinovac after COVID-19 recovery is NOT considered being fully vaccinated.
- Any guest who is required to be vaccinated must 1) be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to departure, 2) acknowledge vaccination status prior to sailing and 3) present proof of vaccination at the pier at embarkation in order to board. Guests must be vaccinated per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), World Health Organization (WHO)and European Medicines Agency (EMA) in order to sail. See below for specific vaccine requirements for children. As science, technology and government regulations evolve, we will update our health and safety protocols as needed and appropriate.
- Vaccines received via clinical trials will not be accepted as they do not specify vaccine received.
Children and Teens between the ages of 12 and 17: Full vaccination protocol at least two weeks after receipt of the final dose of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna or any WHO approved vaccine. Children under the age of 12 are not required to show proof of vaccination.