Provence (Marseille), France
Duration 3 3/4 hrs
Venture into the Provençal countryside with a truffle hunter and a truffle-hunting dog for a demonstration of how to find these coveted fungi, after which you will sample them with several local wines. Your adventure will take place near Rognes, a village known its wine, quarried stone and the cultivation of black truffles. These delectable fungi delicacies, sometimes called Provençal black diamonds, grow underground near the roots of specific host trees. Their locations are closely guarded, as the truffles are highly prized for their pleasant aroma and earthy flavor. Accompanied by a truffle hunter and a specially trained truffle-hunting dog, you will head into the vines in search of black truffles. Once the dog sniffs out a truffle, the hunter will show you how to extract it from the soil without damage. It is a slow, methodical process that reflects the value of these black fungi. After truffle-hunting, you will enjoy a tasting of truffles paired with local wines.
• Hunt for black truffles in the Provençal countryside with a guide and truffle-hunting dog.
• See how to methodically extract the truffles from beneath the soil without damaging them.
• Enjoy a sampling of black truffles thoughtfully paired with local wines.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: $299.00 USD
- Child from: $279.00 USD