Duration 2 days/1 Night
Indulge your senses with some of ancient history’s most renowned relics during this scenic and memorable tour of Egypt. The adventure begins with a journey to the world’s greatest open-air museum, Luxor City where you will be exploring the beauty and mystery of Egypt’s ancient temples and tombs. On the following day, fly to Cairo where your adventure continues with visits to the famous Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.
Special Note: Any guests travelling with Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines should read further below for airline stipulations with regards to bringing this equipment on tour.
NOTE: This program involves extensive walking over uneven ground and is thus not suitable for guests with walking difficulties or for those who require a wheelchair.
NOTE: This program has been set up based on current flight schedules and the timings are subject to change closer to the date of operation.
Upon disembarking the ship in Safaga, you will be met by your guide and depart for the 3.5-hour drive to Luxor. Restrooms are available on the coach therefore no stops are planned along the way. Coaches are escorted along the way.
Upon arrival in Luxor the group will enjoy lunch before crossing the fabulous Nile River by motor boat and proceed to the West Bank area for a visit to the Valley of the Kings. It is here you will find the remarkable tombs of Egypt's ancient kings, their families and other Egyptian nobility.
Note: there is a step or two down into the boat, the boat is fully covered but open on the sides.
Ample time is allotted here for you to fully explore this wonderful site. The ticket you receive will include entry to three tombs of your choice. The ground is uneven and there are many steps to enter each of the various tombs.
Next, it's on to Hatshepsut Temple where there will be a short photo stop. This awesome mortuary temple that was buried under sand for centuries was built by Hatshepsut, the only woman to rule as a Pharaoh. Built into the mountainside, it stands as an incredible monument to the powers held by the pharaohs.
A second photo stop follows at the Colossi of Memnon - two massive statues that originally flanked the entrance to Amenhotep III's mortuary temple. Although the temple itself was destroyed in an earthquake and most of its remnants have long since disappeared, these magnificent statues still stand guard today, albeit over an open field.
Finally, a visit will be made to the Luxor Temple. This renowned ancient structure was originally built during the reign of Amenophis the III and then expanded by Ramses II, who added a statue of himself and two obelisks. Today, only one of them remains at the Luxor Temple; the other one was given by Mohamed Ali to Louis Philippe in 1831, and is displayed at the Concorde in Paris to this day. After Alexander the Great rebuilt the sanctuary in the 4th century B.C., the Romans subsequently rebuilt portions of it and the Muslims built a mosque in the temple.
Note: Cameras and video cameras are permitted inside the Luxor Temple. The ground is uneven here.
Following your visit to the Luxor Temple, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in.
In the evening, enjoy a relaxed buffet dinner at your hotel.
After an early wake up call, breakfast boxes will be distributed by the hotel before proceeding to the Luxor Airport for a 60-minute flight to Cairo.
Upon arrival in Cairo, considered to be the largest city in Africa and the Middle East, the group will enjoy a buffet breakfast at a deluxe hotel before starting the day’s touring.
Your first visit of the day will be the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. Opened in 1902, the museum has over 107 halls displaying the world's largest and richest collection of Egyptian antiquities, including statues, mummies, the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamen. NOTE: there are steps in the museum.
After your museum visit, lunch will be offered in a deluxe restaurant before visiting the only remaining wonders of the Ancient World, the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.
The Giza Plateau consists of three major pyramids or tombs, built by the Pharaohs Cheops, his son Chephren and Chephern's son Mykerinus, where their mummified bodies would rest for eternity.
Situated in front of the pyramids of Chephren, is the guardian of this ancient mortuary complex: the legendary Great Sphinx. This monumental statue, with the body of a lion and head of a human, was carved from a single piece of Giza plateau bedrock and is considered a national symbol of both ancient and modern Egypt.
At each site you will have ample time to walk around and take photos although no inside visits are permitted. Please be aware that there will be vendors selling merchandise and camel rides which you should do only at your own risk.
Following the Pyramids visit, drive back to the Cairo Airport for the flight to Hurghada which is located approximately 60 km away from the port of Safaga. Once you have arrived you will be met and transferred to Safaga where you will re-board the ship.
Land Program Step by Step:
Please note: The order of sites visited may vary to avoid congestion. This program is subject to flight confirmations which are beyond our control. All program details including timings and any flights indicated below are approximate, given here for general reference purposes and subject to change.
Final itineraries with the most up to date details will be provided by the Shore Excursion Team once you board the ship. Please review your final itinerary carefully for any amendments.
• 8:30am Disembark the ship in Safaga
• 8:45am Proceed to the port terminal for security screening
• 9:00am Depart for the drive to Luxor. The drive is approximately 3. 5 hours. Restrooms are available on the bus. No comfort stop is scheduled.
• 12:30pm Buffet lunch at a deluxe hotel.
• 1:30pm Proceed to visit the West Bank by motor boat
• 2:15pm Visit the Valley of the Kings
• 3:45pm Proceed to Hatshepsut Temple
• 4:00pm Photo stop at Hatshepsut Temple
• 4:10pm Proceed to the Colossi of Memnon
• 4:15pm Photo stop at the Colossi of Memnon
• 4:20pm Drive back to the East Bank
• 5:00pm Visit Luxor Temple
• 6:00pm Proceed to your hotel and check in
• Optional: Shopping with your guide
• 7-10pm Buffet dinner served at your hotel
• Overnight at the Hilton Luxor Resort or similar hotel
Day 2 – Timings subject to change based on flight details – below is a sample itinerary
• 4:00am Wake up call, breakfast box provided by the hotel
• 4:45am Proceed to the Luxor Airport
• 5:15am Arrive at the Luxor Airport
• 6:20am Fly to Cairo (Flight details TBA and subject to change)
• 7:30am Arrive at the Cairo International Airport
• 8:15am Proceed to a deluxe restaurant for buffet breakfast
• 9:15am Drive to the Egyptian Museum
• 10:00am Visit the Egyptian Museum
• 11:45am Proceed to the Pyramids area
• 12:30pm Lunch at a deluxe restaurant
• 1:15pm Drive to the Pyramids of Giza
• 1:30pm Visit the area surrounding the Pyramids and the Sphinx for photos
• Note: inside visits are not included
• 3:15pm Drive to the Cairo Airport
• 4:30pm Arrive at the Cairo Airport
• 5:45pm Fly to Hurghada (flight details TBA and subject to change)
• 6:50pm Arrive in Hurghada
• 7:30pm Drive to Safaga port
• 8:30pm Arrive at Safaga port and re-embark the ship
Temperatures in Luxor average about 30°C / 86°F
What to bring:
Comfortable clothing, good walking shoes, camera, hat, sunscreen
Egyptian Pound but USD are widely accepted
220- 240 V. Adaptors are not available therefore we suggest you bring your own travel adaptor should you require it.
Domestic flights accommodate one piece of checked (23kg/50 lbs) and one carry on (8 kg/17 lbs) per person. Should you exceed this allowance you will be required to pay at the check in counter for any excess.
Carriage of Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines on internal flights per airline regulations (subject to change as each airline has their own regulations)
- Guests must obtain a Doctor’s Certificate mentioning their medical condition and the need to carry this equipment with them on their flights.
- The certificate should have attached a picture of the equipment with its description/specifications especially with regards to the type of batteries used (lithium/dry or any other type)
- These documents need to be sent to the Cruisetour Team via Reservations at NCL at least one month prior to travel so that our local operator can begin the notification process with the airline.
- Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in a denial of this equipment at the airport for which the cruise line nor our local ground operator be responsible for.
Hotel: Hilton Luxor Resort Address: 13 El Karnak el Gadid Street, Luxor Governorate, Egypt Phone: +20 100 600 1270
*We only substitute hotels in unforeseen situations. If a similar hotel is substituted, it will be of equal ratings and standards. If you are not notified of any changes before your sailing, then you will be staying at the hotel listed in the program.
Passports must be brought with you on the program Visas are not required for US, EU and Canadian Citizens Please check your local Egyptian Embassy for further information
• 1 night at the Hilton Luxor Resort or similar (Nile View Room)
• One breakfast, two lunches and one dinner
• Bottled water, tea, coffee, one soda or one bottle of beer/one glass of local wine with meals
• Entrance fees
• English-speaking guide throughout the program
• Economy class flights from Luxor to Cairo and Cairo to Hurghada per the itinerary
One room is included in the per person single or double cost of this program and will be assigned for any bookings up to 2 guests regardless of cabin size on the ship. If additional bedding or rooms are required for this program, please contact Norwegian Cruise Line in advance of travel to request and price accordingly. Requests must be received at least 65 days before departure and confirmations will be based on availability at the time of request.
• Gratuities for drivers and guides
• Personal expenses and hotel incidentals including mini bar and room service
• Any meals or beverages not listed above
• Any other discounts or promos offered by NCL including but not limited to Latitude and Free at Sea discounts
Please note: Land programs that encompass multiple days ashore customarily include extensive and prolonged activity, while those of shorter durations typically have more moderate activity levels. However, each program varies, and participants should be prepared to negotiate a mixture of surfaces which may include inclines, cobblestones, sand and gravel or natural paths. There may also be a need to climb steps or stairs on occasion. Guests who utilize a wheelchair and those with mobility concerns are advised to check with the cruise line in advance to see if any portion of the tour program may not be considered suitable for their individual situation. Weather appropriate clothing, hats, sunglasses, and flat, comfortable walking shoes are generally recommended.
All land programs are capacity controlled and subject to availability. Programs falling under the minimum number of required participants are subject to cancellation. Pricing listed is also subject to change to meet unexpected cost increases for transportation, land arrangements or currency fluctuations. Not combinable with any other discounts or promos including but not limited to Latitude and Free at Sea discounts.
Once purchased, pricing is guaranteed and not subject to change. Mid-cruise overland programs must be purchased no later than 60 days prior to your sail date. Cancellations made within 60 days or less prior to the sail date are subject to 100% cancellation penalty.
- Adult from: $1,712.86 NZD
- Child from: $1,712.86 NZD