Go Green-Off Shore Blue Energy
Brussels / Bruges (Zeebrugge), Belgium
Duration 4 1/2 hrs
Cruise into the North Sea to a large offshore wind park that greatly contributes to Belgium’s ambitious sustainable energy goals. Before you head out to sea from Blankenberge harbor, you will hear about Belgium’s commitment to wind power, how wind turbines work and their effect on the climate and marine life. The country has embraced the development of wind parks because other means of energy emit excessive carbon dioxide and importing electricity has its limitations. It will be quite the experience to view the dozens of offshore wind turbines up close from the comfort of the boat. They soar high above the water and continuously generate power by optimizing the available wind. As part of your immersion into clean energy, you will see how the power is transported to shore for distribution.
• Observe offshore wind turbines up close from a boat that provides a unique perspective.
• Learn the benefits of wind power and why Belgium is so committed to its development.
• See how the power from the offshore wind turbines is transported to shore.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
Need to Know:
- Adult from: £130,64 GBP
- Child from: £130,64 GBP