Venecia (Ravena), Italia
Duración 8 1/2 hs.
Become familiar with the workings of a dairy farm that runs on solar energy and follows practices that reduce stress on the animals. The farm is adjacent to the Sant’Alberto Solar Park, one of the largest photovoltaic plants in Italy, which supplies the renewable energy in a manner that doesn’t disturb the grazing sheep. The name Buon Pastore, which translates to “good shepherd,” is fitting as the dairy is passionate about treating the animals and pastures with great respect. The automatic system that milks the sheep is designed to be as gentle and agreeable as possible. The extracted milk is then made into a variety of cheeses, a process that you will watch through a large glass wall. The farm also keeps bees, which produce the honey for the tasting that follows the tour. You will also be offered Buon Pastore cheeses that have been aged in a stone-lined cave, fresh-baked flatbread, and local wines.
• Wander about an eco-friendly dairy farm that runs on solar energy.
• Recognize how the sheep and pastureland are treated with great respect.
• Watch the cheese-making process step by step.
• Sample a selection of cheeses, honey, flatbread, and wines made on the farm or locally.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adultos desde: $119.00 USD
- Niños desde: $119.00 USD