Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with Kellie Pickler and Warner Chappell Music to host its second songwriters cruise through the "Free the Beat" program, a music platform through which the industry's top songwriters, artists, talent and creators will develop content for Norwegian's first-ever global music library. This month, Pickler and seven songwriters from Warner Chappell Music will set sail from Honolulu, Oahu on a seven-day crucero en Hawái on the only U.S.-flagged cruise ship, Pride of America.
"I am so excited to host Norwegian Cruise Line's special songwriters cruise on Pride of America," said Kellie Pickler, American country music artist. "I am always inspired by the places I visit, and, on this trip, the other songwriters and I will have the beautiful Hawaiian Islands as our backdrop to inspire us on new songs! It's going to be a really unique experience. I can't wait!"
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Norwegian Cruise Line to continue to build their brand music library,” said Katie Jelen, Director of Synchronization for Warner Chappell Music. “This collaboration allows us to extend a fun opportunity to our writers and help tell Norwegian’s brand story through the power of music.”
The songwriters will gain inspiration by experiencing everything this majestic archipelago has to offer, from the historical sites, to the waterfalls, volcanoes, beaches and the natural beauty of each destination, including Hilo, Kona, Kauai and the Nā Pali Coast, all while writing songs for the cruise line’s global music library.
Norwegian Cruise Line's goal is to encourage and enable songwriters to freely develop content to enhance the guests' experiences through onboard curated playlists from the world's most beautiful destinations that one can discover on and off the ship. During the cruise, they will have the opportunity to enjoy 15 restaurants, spacious suites and a family-fun packed itinerary from snorkeling to surfing lessons, a traditional luau, relaxing on Hawaii's finest beaches and so much more.
Songwriters in attendance will be:
- Liz Rose known for “You Belong with Me” by Taylor Swift, “Cry Pretty” by Carrie Underwood, and “Girl Crush” by Little Big Town
- Abram Dean known for “Magazines or Novels” by Andy Grammer
- Audra Mae known for “Little Red Wagon” by Miranda Lambert, “Heartbeat Song” by Kelly Clarkson, and “Who Was I Born to Be” by Susan Boyle
- Mark Trussell known for “RSVP” by Maren Morris, “Details” by Billy Currington, and “Beside you Babe” by Blake Shelton
- Kallie North known for “Daddy’s Money” by Brooke Eden, “Down by the Riverside” by Muddy Magnolias, and “American Woman” from the Ghostbusters soundtrack
- Brandon Day known for “Hey There Delilah” by the Plain White T’s, “Break it In” by the Eli Young Band, and “Fire’t Up” by Brantley Gilbert
- Johnny Simmen known for the albums “The Fifth” by Birds of Bellwoods and “Beauty Food” by The Naked Wild
In August 2019, Norwegian Cruise Line launched the 'Free the Beat' program and the brand's first global music library. Multi-platinum recording artist and songwriter Andy Grammer hosted the first seven-day songwriters cruise to Alaska from Seattle with writers from Family Affair Productions. Content and music were inspired by the exploration of the Mendenhall Glacier, snorkeling among the marine life and experiencing Alaska's native culture. Check out their experience here: