Great Stirrup Cay
Great Stirrup Cay (GSC), Norwegian Cruise Line's resort-style destination and 270-acre private island in the Bahamas, features white sand beaches and crystal blue waters, a wide array of recreation activities and dining options. GSC is also home to Silver Cove, an onsite exclusive enclave, boasting a variety of luxury daytime accommodations and private beach access.
- Norwegian Cruise Line has owned the island since 1977, when it became the first in the industry to offer a private tropical island experience exclusively for its guests
- Guests can take advantage of all the exciting activities the island has to offer, from swimming with pigs, stand-up paddle board and snorkeling through coral reefs, to simply relaxing in a beach cabana or luxury villa boasting breathtaking views
- As part of the $400 million Norwegian Edge® investment program, Great Stirrup Cay and Silver Cove recently benefited from several enhancements, including the expansion of its beaches, new dining venues, upgraded oceanfront bars and enhanced beach cabanas
Learn more about the Company's Bahamian paradise, here. For additional images, visit the Destinations tab of the Multimedia Library.
Launched in 2019, Silver Cove is the exclusive oceanfront resort-style retreat on the Company’s private island in the Bahamas, Great Stirrup Cay. The enclave features an oceanfront lagoon area complete with private beach access, beachfront villas, a Mandara Spa, a new Moët & Chandon Bar, and the Silver Cove Restaurant and Bar. The private retreat is available to guests who rent a villa or reserve a spa treatment at the Mandara Spa.
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - ReceptionSilver Cove Reception
- Great Stirrup Cay - Mandara Spa - ReceptionSilver Cove Spa
- Great Stirrup Cay - Mandara Spa - Treatment RoomSilver Cove Spa Treatment Room
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver CoveSilver Cove Beach
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa StudioSilver Cove Lagoon Villa Studio
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa One-BedroomSilver Cove Lagoon Villa One Bedroom
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa One-Bedroom - Living AreaSilver Cove Lagoon Villa One Bedroom Living Room
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa Two-BedroomSilver Cove 2 Bedroom Villa Exterior
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa Two-Bedroom - Master BedroomSilver Cove Lagoon Villa One Bedroom
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa Two-Bedroom
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa Two-Bedroom - Living AreaSilver Cove 2 Bedroom Villa Living Room
- Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove - Lagoon Villa Two-Bedroom - BathroomSilver Cove 2 Bed Lagoon Villa Bathroom
Sustainability and Conservation
- NCL was the first major global cruise company to eliminate single-use plastic water bottles across its 17-ship fleet and private islands
- The company replaces over six million single-use plastic water bottles each year through its partnership with Flow Alkaline Spring Water, offering natural alkaline water in a plant-based carton
- The use of all single-use plastic straws, plates and cutlery has also been eliminated
- NCL has partnered with Nova Southeastern University to establish a coral reef restoration initiative to reduce the effects of natural and anthropogenic stressors around the coral reefs surrounding Great Stirrup Cay
More information about Great Stirrup Cay’s sustainability efforts can be found in the Company’s Stewardship Report available on ncl.com.