Pre-Cruise Need to Knows
Thank you for choosing Norwegian. We can't wait to welcome you onboard, but first, let's go over everything you need to prepare for an amazing holiday ahead. Learn what to expect at the pier and how we've enhanced Online Check-In to expedite the boarding process and maximise your holiday time. Start customising your holiday by logging in to My NCL or download the Cruise Norwegian App.
*As government regulations evolve, our health and safety protocols will evolve as needed to ensure compliance. This may mean different protocols from ship to ship based on local requirements. For additional information, please visit Cruise Travel Requirements by Country. Check our frequently asked questions in regard to Sail Safe™ Health & Safety Programme.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR CRUISE
Save Time at EmbarkationComplete Your Online Check-In
New health and safety steps added to Online Check-In will significantly cut down processing time at the pier. Experience a much faster, more seamless boarding process when you complete all required steps listed below. Online Check-In for all guests is required to download your eDocs (boarding pass). Port security requires each guest to present their eDocs to enter the pier.
PLEASE NOTE: You will lose the opportunity to Check-in online 3 days prior to sailing.
Complete these steps in Online Check-In:
- Travel Documentation: Provide passport number or travel documentation information
- Flight Information: Provide airline details and purchase transfers to the pier and back to the airport.
- Onboard Payment Preferences: Select either credit card, debit card or cash
- Take a Selfie Photo: Use your computer webcam or mobile phone camera to capture your pre-cruise security photo. You can come back to this step on the Mobile app if you don't have a web cam.
These steps will be available 21 days prior to your sail date:
- Reserve an arrival time to check-in at the pier. You will only be allowed to enter the terminal during this time.
- Watch the Required Safety Video in advance to avoid large crowd gathering onboard. Learn important muster drill, life jacket and onboard safety procedures.
Download or PrintEDOCS - Your Boarding Pass
Select "Download eDocs" once you've completed Online Check-In for each guest. Print a copy or save a screen grab from your phone containing guest name, terminal arrival time, ship, stateroom and bar code. Port security will check eDocs for this information along with passport/identification to allow entry to the port. You'll be able to download eDocs 21 days prior to your sailing after Online Check-In is complete. Failure to show eDocs at embarkation will result in long wait times at the port.
Planning in the Palm of Your HandCruise Norwegian Mobile App
Download the Cruise Norwegian mobile app via the App Store or Google Play. The first step to planning your cruise is linking your account to to the app. You'll be all set to explore and plan all the things you can do onboard. The Cruise Norwegian App will work automatically when you connect to the ship's wi-fi when you board the ship.
Log In to My NCL
- If you booked through a travel agent, or never logged in before, create an account.
- Answer "yes" to "Do you currently have a cruise reservation?"
- Enter your ship name, reservation number and sail date to add your reservation to your account.
- If you're having trouble finding your cruise, either reset your password or call our Technical Support department at +912271279333.
Customise Everything Onboard and Ashore
- Book Shore Excursions. Explore & Plan adventures at each port.
- Make dinner reservations. You can plan a different restaurant for every day of the week
- Learn about all of the onboard experiences on your ship.
- Reserve your seats at award-winning entertainment.
- Get a birdseye view of your itinerary. See everything you've planned for the days at port.
- Join a “Virtual Queue” to avoid long lines.
- Text message and call other guests when onboard.
- Read the Digital Freestyle Daily Newsletter, a schedule of what’s happening onboard.
- Track your onboard purchases throughout your holiday.