Go Green-Though the Footsteps of the Alchemist
Granada (Malaga), Spain
Duration 8 1/2 hrs
Discover the relevance of ancient alchemy as it applies to present-day life at Al-Huerta, a farm that promotes healthy habits and environmental education. The farmers recognize how classic symbols of alchemy such as air, water, fire and earth affect human life and agriculture. They rely on these influences to grow organic citrus, teach visitors how to make natural remedies, and strive to improve the environment and achieve a healthier, more balanced life. While walking through Al-Huerta’s orchards and gardens, which were designed to reflect Andalusian alchemy, you will learn about the plants’ medicinal and culinary uses. You will also gain insight into the ways that organic farming increases biodiversity and enriches the environment. During the laboratory workshop that follows, you too will practice a bit of alchemy by extracting essential oils that are often found in perfumes and cosmetics.
• Recognize how ancient alchemy may influence present-day life and agriculture.
• Discover the benefits of the eco-friendly agricultural practices at Al-Huerta farm.
• Gain insight into the many medicinal and culinary uses of the plants grown there.
• Learn to extract essentials oils in the farm’s laboratory workshop.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: $149.00 USD
- Child from: $149.00 USD