Home > Fcc
FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS FOR SUSPENDED SAILINGS & PEACE OF MIND
Below are instructions and frequently asked questions for redeeming and using your Future Cruise Credits. We thank you for your continued loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line.
For 2020 suspended cruises, we've extended the "booked by" date for previously issued FCCs. FCCs must be redeemed by December 31, 2021.
Future Cruise Credits are valid for all sailings through December 31, 2022.
Easy Steps to Use Your Future Cruise Credits
Log In and Find FCCs Listed on My Account Page
Go to the “My Account” section of MyNCL, and you’ll see your available FCCs in the My Coupons & Credits section. If you don't know your Log In name or password, call the number above and we'll help you with your credentials.
Explore, Plan and Book Your Cruise
Use the cruise search filters on NCL.COM to find the perfect cruise.
Note: Suspended Sailings and Peace of Mind FCCs are valid for sailings through December 31, 2022.
Use FCCs to Pay For Your Cruise
When you get to the "Payment Page" of booking, choose "My Coupons and Credits" from the Payment Type pull down menu. Use your FCCs as payment first. Some FCCs are combinable.
FUTURE CRUISE CREDITFrequently Asked Questions
FCCs issued for suspended sailings between March 13 – October 31, 2020
Reservations cancelled using Peace of Mind the POM FCC (coupon code POM-NRD) will include:
- Cruise fare and taxes (including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments)
- Flexible Air booked through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Prepaid service charges
- Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of FAS Promotion selection)
- Free at Sea Package charge (UK Only)
- REACOMM Suspension FCC, Peace of Mind FCC, CruiseNext, and CruiseFirst coupons that were used as a form of payment.
o Any original FCC, CruiseNext or CruiseFirst coupon used on the canceled reservation will not be reactivated or reissued, these items will now be included in the new Peace of Mind FCC except for the following:
o Any Discount FCCs that were used on the canceled reservation will revert to the guest’s profile and maintain original expiration dates.
o Insurance FCCs that were used on the canceled reservation will not be reissued or included in the POM-NRD value.
The following will not be included in the FCC or refund:
- Special Promotional Onboard Credits (OBC)
- Bonus 10% Discount coupons issued as the result of a sailing suspension
- Restricted air booked through Norwegian Cruise Line
The original, full value FCC can be applied and used for the following:
- Voyage Fare
- Government Fees and Taxes
- Pre-paid service charges
- Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free at Sea promotion selection)
- Restricted air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Hotel purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Cruise tours purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Pre-booked and pre-paid shore excursions
- Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection insurance
The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:
- Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free at Sea program
- Internet packages that are not part of the Free at Sea program
- Shore excursions booked while onboard
- Onboard credit
- Water/soda packages
- Bottles of wine
- Onboard amenities such as: Bottles of wine, bon voyage gifts, celebration or photo packages
General FCC Questions:
Yes. Effective May 18, 2020, FCCs from either our 2020 Suspended Sailings or Peace of Mind FCC are transferable. In order to transfer an FCC, and in an effort for us to best assist you quickly, please follow the instructions below:
Email Transfer Request To:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the following information in your email.
- Subject Line: FCC TRANSFER REQ - Coupon ID #XXXXXXXX
- Message to Include:
- Attachment of email from current FCC owner requesting transfer.
(*Note: Failure to include will result in the transfer request being denied.)
- Completed FCC transfer request information. (provide information separately for each new owner)
- Attachment of email from current FCC owner requesting transfer.
- Booking Advisor Name:
- Original Peace of Mind or Suspended Sailing reservation number that generated the FCC being transferred
- Client ID of Current FCC Owner:
- Client ID of Guest Receiving the FCC
- FCC Coupon numbers
Example Transfer Request:
Booking Advisor Name
POM or Suspended Sailing reservation number that generated the FCC being transferred:
Client ID of Current FCC Owner
Client ID of Guest Receiving FCC
FCC Coupon Number(s):
- Please allow at least 3 business days, up to 7 business days for the transfer request to be completed.
- Only the entire and full original value of Peace of Mind and suspended sailing FCCs worth 100% of the fare paid, as well as the bonus 25% or 50% FCCs, are eligible for transfer.
- Partial value transfers or transfers of remaining FCC balance are not permitted.
- An email from the current FCC owner requesting the transfer to be made must be included when submitting the transfer request to email@example.com
The full remaining balance of a partial FCC will be transferred. We regret to advise we are unable to transfer only a portion of the balance.
- Only the entire and full original value of the bonus 25% and 50% credit FCCs issued for suspended sailings may be transferred.
- An email from the original FCC owner requesting the transfer to be made must be included when submitting the transfer request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insurance FCCs and 10% bonus FCCs are not available for transfer
- Once the transfer takes place, the receiving guest is now the owner and the previous owner cannot request a transfer back.
- Only one transfer or exchange of ownership will be allowed per FCC. This is applicable to Peace of Mind and suspended sailings FCCs, including 25% and 50% credit FCCs issued for suspended sailings.
- The only exception is if the current owner is requesting to transfer back to the original owner that the FCC was issued to.
- Once the transfer is completed, a confirmation email will be sent, via a reply to the original email. At that time, the receiving guest will be able to apply the coupon to the desired reservation.
The original FCC amount will be returned to the guests' profile. If an affected booking has a previously applied FCC (as a result of a previous suspended sailing), the enhanced value future cruise credit will not be applicable. Bookings under this circumstance are not eligible for a cash refund and will receive the original value of the FCC back to the guests’ profile.
Note FCCs have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a guest opts to retain the FCC provided, the guest hereby agrees to all of NCL’s terms and conditions associated with the FCC, which can also be found on www.ncl.com/cruise-faq.
To offer our guests even more flexibility for future vacation planning, some under some circumstances who hold outstanding Future Cruise Credits (FCC) may submit a request to convert their FCC to a monetary refund. Guests who elect to request their FCC to a monetary refund will receive the original cruise fare paid, back to their original form of payment and forfeit any bonus FCCs attached to their Latitudes profile. Any guest wishing to request a monetary refund (of their original cruise fare paid and in lieu of their active FCC, including bonus amounts) must submit a refund request via the Guest Relations Case Submission page at: https://www.ncl.com/case-submission.
Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with these affected cruises, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile. Once the FCC is added to the guest profile, FCCs can then be applied to any existing booking or newly created booking.
At time of cancellation, all promotional offers, amenities, and value adds will be removed from the booking and will not carry-over to future reservations. Future reservations are subject to prevailing fares and offers in market at the time of booking.
No, guests will receive the full value of their winning bid within the FCC and can apply that towards the sailing and category of their choice. Guests can then participate in a new bid once invited to bid for the newly selected sailing.
Insurance FCCs can only be applied to a new reservation where Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel protection has been added. If one of the available insurance plans is not added to the reservation, the FCC will be removed from payment.
To offer our guests even more flexibility for future vacation planning, many who hold outstanding Future Cruise Credits (FCC) may now submit a request to convert their FCC to a monetary refund. Guests who elect to request their FCC to a monetary refund will receive the original cruise fare paid, back to their original form of payment and forfeit any bonus FCCs attached to their Latitudes profile.
For example: FCCs issued in July 2020 had a book by date of July 2021. The new “book by” date is December 31, 2021.
Applicability to convert an existing FCC to a monetary refund request may be submitted for one of the following reasons:
- Guest has been affected by one or more suspensions.
- Guest elected to cancel via our Peace of Mind (POM) policy and the sailing did not take place as a result of our suspension of voyages.
- Guest had an active reservation as of April 5, 2021 for a cruise with a vaccination requirement (all sailings through October 31, 2021) or an active reservation as of August 18, 2021 for a cruise with a vaccination requirement (all sailings November 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021), and the guest is unable to comply so long as the request is submitted prior to the final payment date. Requests submitted after a qualified reservation’s final payment date will be subject to Norwegian’s cancellation fee policy communicated to our guests at time of booking and can be found on our website Cancellation Policy page.
- An active and existing FCC is attached to a profile of a guest who has passed away.
Any guest affected by one of the above, wishing to request a monetary refund (of their original cruise fare paid and in lieu of their active FCC, including bonus amounts) must submit a refund request via the Guest Relations Case Submission page.
- All guests who complete an online submission request (requesting to convert active FCCs to a monetary refund) agree that they are authorized to do so on behalf of all persons on the reservation as we are unable to issue partial refunds. In addition, they agree they are authorized to remove the value of any bonus future cruise credits offered by Norwegian Cruise Line for all guests.
- Upon submission of the online request, an email will be sent to the email address entered on the form with a response and case number.
- CruiseNext and CruiseFirst coupons are not eligible for refund outside of each programs terms and conditions.
- As we anticipate high volumes of inquiries, we kindly ask for your patience and allow up to 30 days for the review process to be completed. Each submission request will be individually handled and responded to.
- Exclusions may apply, but are not limited to, one of the following:
- An FCC has been fully or partially transferred.
- The current FCC holder is not the original FCC recipient.
- A credit card dispute was filed for the charges.
- The FCC is applied to an active and existing reservation.
- The FCC has been partially applied to an active and existing reservation.
- *An FCC has been applied to a reservation canceled under our Peace of Mind policy on or after August 2nd are ineligible for refund as the original FCC value are now included in the Peace of Mind FCC (coupon class POM-NRD) which is a non-refundable future cruise credit.
- If a refund is approved, all FCCs (including Bonus FCCs) will be deactivated, and a refund will be issued back to the original form of payment, within 90 days from the request submission date.
- Any existing 10% Future Cruise Discounts will remain active and available for use on future bookings.
- For guests who are no longer able to travel as a result of an official announcement by a government or agency that takes place within 14 days of sailing (when Peace of Mind is no longer available), and the mandate states guests are NOT allowed to travel, then a refund would be available. If the new mandate is an inconvenience to the guest, i.e. a new quarantine requirement upon return from travel (but not a travel ban), then an FCC would be offered.
- Only new government or agency mandates would be considered. Anything in place already since April 2021 would not allow the guest to cancel and receive the above.
POM FCCs will be credited to the guest’s profile via their Latitudes number within seven business days. Communication will be sent to the travel partner and guest once the FCC is added.
Any ancillary items sold by Norwegian Cruise Line will be refunded to the cardholder who made the original purchase (refunded to the original form of payment) and will not be included in the FCC. Ancillary pre-purchased items include:
- Bon Voyage gifts and celebration packages
- Dining or beverage packages (those not part of the Free at Sea (FAS) promotion)
- Water and/or soda packages
- Purchased on board credits
- Internet packages
- Photo packages
No. The cancellation window provides Peace of Mind allowing you to defer decisions to a later date and therefore the cancelled cruise may not be re-booked using the FCC.