Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Expanded Canadian Sales Team
Norwegian further strengthens Partners First by nearly tripling field sales presence in region
Miami - Apr 20, 2015
Norwegian Cruise Line today unveiled the expanded Sales team that will support travel partners in Canada. Building on Norwegian's Partners First philosophy, this committment is a part of the line's substantial expansion to the company's North American sales team, developed to promote the long-term success of its valued travel partners.
"Part of our brand promise is 'Partners First,' which is simply our commitment to invest in our agency partners' success, be easy to do business with, and listen to our partners and take action. Today, I'm happy to say that our 'Partners First' philosophy is also "Canada First," said Andy Stuart, president and chief operating officer for Norwegian Cruise Line.
The newly-revealed Canadian team will be led by industry-veteran Dana Gain, who has been appointed the national director for sales, overseeing all aspects of Norwegian's sales strategy in Canada. Dana will lead a seasoned team of six business development managers dedicated to aggressively growing the number of guests sourced from the Canadian market and expanding the agency base partnering with Norwegian Cruise Line. Dana has a proven track record in the cruise industry, most recently as director of international sales for Carnival Cruise Line.
"I am thrilled to be a part of the Norwegian family and immensely proud of the team we've assembled in Canada," said Dana Gain, Norwegian's national director of sales in Canada. "We are ready to build closer, more effective partnerships with our travel partners across Canada and share the exciting marketing tools and training available for agent's to grow their business."
Gain will have the support of a team of six business development managers, strategically positioned to develop stronger, more effective relationships with partners across the country. The team includes:
• Mary-Jo Cutaia, who has been named business development manager for Western Ontario. Mary-Jo is a 20+ year veteran of Norwegian Cruise Line with a wealth of knowledge that will continue to be a great asset to partners. She will take on a deeper focus on a territory rich with opportunities for growth.
• Ian Smyth, who joins Norwegian as the business development manager for Eastern Ontario. Ian has spent the last eight years as the sales representative for WestJet and WestJet Vacations, where he cultivated deep relationships throughout the agency community in the region. Prior to his time at WestJet, Ian spent many years with a Canadian wholesaler with a focus on cruise.
• Ramon Jacinto continues his role as the business development manager for Western Canada. Ramon joined Norwegian in 2013, having previously held sales positions at WestJet and WestJet Vacations and the Richmond Tourism Association.
• Sabrina Greca, previously the business development manager for Quebec, has been appointed the business development manager for strategic accounts. In her new role, Sabrina will develop and grow Norwegian's partnerships with Canadian tour operators and wholesalers.
• Alexandre Bergeron joins Norwegian as the business development manager for Quebec. Alexandre was most recently with Transat Holidays, where his enthusiasm quickly earned him a strong reputation amongst his agents; including a nomination for "BDM of the Year" in Quebec.
• Ilanit Zimmermann joins the Canadian team as the Miami based business development manager covering parts of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Maritimes. Ilanit brings a wealth of product knowledge and sales experience to her new role as well as past experience in hotels, tours, and cruises for the past 12 years.
"Canada is a primary growth market for Norwegian and the significant expansion of our sales team shows that we are serious about investing in our Canadian partners," said Nathan Hickman, Norwegian's vice-president of field sales.
In April of 2011, Norwegian Cruise Line introduced "Partners First," the company's corporate philosophy of putting its travel partners first, including a $16 million investment in travel partners, including new customizable marketing tools with Marketing Headquarters; a complete focus on being easy to do business with; the streamlining of the booking processes and technology; and a commitment on direct business. Norwegian has consistently strengthened its commitment to the long term success of its travel partners by unveiling additional new and improved travel partner initiatives. Travel partners who would like to learn more about Norwegian's Partners First initiatives, please visit www.norwegiancentral.com.
About Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 48-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to "Cruise Like a Norwegian" on one of 13 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named "Europe's Leading Cruise Line" for the seventh consecutive year, as well as "Caribbean's Leading Cruise Line" for the third time and "World's Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the past two years by the World Travel Awards.
The Company recently took delivery of its most innovative ship to date, the 4,000-passenger Norwegian Getaway in the first quarter of 2014. The largest ship to homeport year-round in Miami, Norwegian Getaway boasts 28 dining options. The entertainment lineup includes Broadway shows Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor and a unique magical theatrical experience, the Illusionarium. Norwegian Getaway's sister ship, Norwegian Breakaway, was named "Best New Ship of 2013" by the editors of Cruise Critic and "Best Rookie Cruise Ship" by the readers of Travel Weekly. Known as New York's ship, Norwegian Breakaway is the largest vessel to homeport year-round in the city. The Company currently has four vessels on order at Meyer Werft for delivery in fall 2015, spring 2017, spring 2018 and fall 2019.
Norwegian Cruise Line is the official cruise line of the Miami Dolphins/Sun Life Stadium, The New York Knicks and Legends in Concert; and the official cruise line partner of The GRAMMY Awards and is an official partner of the Rockettes and Radio City Music Hall.
High resolution, downloadable images are available at www.ncl.com/pressroom. For further information on Norwegian Cruise Line, visit www.ncl.com, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @Norwegiancruiseline, Pin us on Pinterest, watch us on YouTube, or contact us in the U.S. and Canada at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784).