Pre-Cruise Need to Knows
Thank you for choosing Norwegian. We can't wait to welcome you onboard, but first, let's go over everything you need to prepare for an amazing holiday ahead. Learn what to expect at the pier and how we've enhanced Online Check-In to expedite the boarding process and maximise your holiday time. Cruise with the ultimate freedom and confidence with our Sail Safe™ Health & Safety Programme. All guests and crew are required to be 100% fully vaccinated so you can do what you’ve always wanted to do on a cruise — EVERYTHING. No masks. No social distancing. Start customising your holiday by logging in to My NCL or download the Cruise Norwegian App.
*As government regulations evolve, our health and safety protocols will evolve as needed to ensure compliance. This may mean different protocols from ship to ship based on local requirements. For additional information, please visit Cruise Travel Requirements by Country.
Please note on the video below: The pre-testing information in the Health & Safety video below is only applicable on cruises with embarkation dates through January 16, 2022.
Pre-Cruise Health & SafetyPREPARATION FOR YOUR CRUISE
Sail Safe. Feel FreeVACCINATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY
Pre-Cruise Vaccinations, Testing, Screening & Check-in
Guests must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to embarkation. Proof of accepted vaccination against COVID-19 must be shown at the cruise pier to board the ship. Pre-cruise testing and additional health screenings will be conducted at terminal for extra measure.**
**For cruises with embarkation dates through January 16, 2022: We strongly encourage all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their travel date as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 antigen test, prior to travel. Please note that many countries are now requiring this, and requirements vary based on guest nationality, so we strongly urge you to check the official website of the country you are flying to or connecting through before travelling in order to comply with their requirements.
Please note: If a guest receives a positive COVID-19 test at the pier testing at arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by their travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of their travel date. Guests who are unable to provide proof of a negative test taken within 96-hours of their travel date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance.
- Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of travel date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.
Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen.
Save Time at EmbarkationComplete Your Online Check-In
New health and safety steps added to Online Check-In will significantly cut down processing time at the pier. Experience a much faster, more seamless boarding process when you complete all required steps listed below. Online Check-In for all guests is required to download your eDocs (boarding pass). Port security requires each guest to present their eDocs to enter the pier.
PLEASE NOTE: You will lose the opportunity to Check-in online 3 days prior to sailing.
Complete these steps in Online Check-In:
- Travel Documentation: Provide passport number or travel documentation information
- Flight Information: Provide airline details and purchase transfers to the pier and back to the airport.
- Onboard Payment Preferences: Select either credit card, debit card or cash
- Acknowledge that you and each guest in your stateroom will be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure .
- Take a Selfie Photo: Use your computer webcam or mobile phone camera to capture your pre-cruise security photo. You can come back to this step on the Mobile app if you don't have a web cam.
These steps will be available 21 days prior to your sail date:
- Reserve an arrival time to check-in at the pier. You will only be allowed to enter the terminal during this time.
- Watch the Required Safety Video in advance to avoid large crowd gathering onboard. Learn important muster drill, life jacket and onboard safety procedures.
- Register each guest to get COVID-19 testing on embarkation day through our 3rd party vendor. This will expedite the testing process at the pier.
Download or PrintEDOCS - Your Boarding Pass
Select "Download eDocs" once you've completed Online Check-In for each guest. Print a copy or save a screen grab from your phone containing guest name, terminal arrival time, ship, stateroom and bar code. Port security will check eDocs for this information along with passport/identification to allow entry to the port. You'll be able to download eDocs 21 days prior to your sailing after Online Check-In is complete. Failure to show eDocs at embarkation will result in long wait times at the port.
Planning in the Palm of Your HandCruise Norwegian Mobile App
Download the Cruise Norwegian mobile app via the App Store or Google Play. The first step to planning your cruise is linking your account to to the app. You'll be all set to explore and plan all the things you can do onboard. The Cruise Norwegian App will work automatically when you connect to the ship's wi-fi when you board the ship.
Log In to My NCL
- If you booked through a travel agent, or never logged in before, create an account.
- Answer "yes" to "Do you currently have a cruise reservation?"
- Enter your ship name, reservation number and sail date to add your reservation to your account.
- If you're having trouble finding your cruise, either re-set your password or call our Technical Support department at 0333 2412319.
Customise Everything Onboard and Ashore
- Book Shore Excursions. Explore & Plan adventures at each port.
- Make dinner reservations. You can plan a different restaurant for every day of the week
- Learn about all of the onboard experiences on your ship.
- Reserve your seats at award-winning entertainment.
- Get a birdseye view of your itinerary. See everything you've planned for the days at port.
- Join a “Virtual Queue” to avoid long lines.
- Text message and call other guests when onboard.
- Read the Digital Freestyle Daily Newsletter, a timetable of what's happening onboard.
- Track your onboard purchases throughout your holiday.
What to Expect at the PierOn Embarkation Day
Socially Responsible Check-In
Our enhanced, staggered embarkation process will streamline check-in by allowing guests to reserve arrival time at the pier during Online Check-In. Security will allow guests to enter the port at reservation time noted on your eDocs.
COVID-19 Antigen Testing Prior to Boarding
All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test, administered and paid for by the cruise line, and receive a negative result*. Guests will also undergo a health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire. *Applicable for cruises embarking through January 16, 2022 only.
Required Travel Documentation to Bring to the Pier
Along with your eDocs, you'll need to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination, proof of negative COVID-19 test*, your passport and/or required travel documentation to board the ship. *Applicable for cruises with embarkation dates beginning January 17, 2022 only.
We've developed a robust and comprehensive health and safety strategy with new and enhanced protocols to create multiple layers of protection against COVID-19. Our science-backed plan will be continuously evaluated using the latest science and technology.
Please note: The Health & Safety video below is only applicable on cruises with embarkation dates through January 16, 2022.