Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Duration 6 hrs
Paddle a kayak through the mangrove-lined waterways in Lucayan National Park and then relax on a wonderfully secluded stretch of sand nearby. While kayaking, you will likely pass under tree canopies that shelter an array of wildlife, birds in particular. The sounds that you hear will be almost entirely those of nature, making the experience all the more serene and enjoyable. On occasion, the guide may describe the environmental benefits of mangroves, such as how they filter impurities from the water. Gold Rock Beach is also a spectacularly natural setting as it rims the national park and is protected from development. You will find it immensely relaxing and the water brilliant blue. Back in Freeport, you will browse the Garden of the Groves, a botanical garden that supports a huge variety of indigenous flora and fauna. After meandering the winding paths, you might stop at the café and dine on your own.
• Kayak through the mangrove-lined waterways in Lucayan National Park, a natural oasis.
• Relax on secluded Gold Rock Beach, a lengthy undeveloped stretch of pristine sand.
• Stroll along the winding paths in the Garden of the Groves botanical wonderland.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: £118,03 GBP
- Child from: £102,19 GBP