Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Duration 8 1/2 hrs
Spend an enlightening day at a farm in Tuscany that produces a multitude of organic foods, many of which will be used as ingredients in your lunch. As an introduction to the artisanal practices at the Diacceroni farm, you will see how honey is produced and sample several varieties of the natural sweetener, which may include an amber chestnut honey and a floral-flavored acacia honey. Similarly, you will discover how the farmers use traditional methods to grow and harvest the crops. In preparation for the afternoon cooking class, you will gather a selection of fresh vegetables and herbs from the farm’s fields and gardens. You will then use those ingredients to concoct your delicious four-course lunch under the chef’s watchful eye. The dishes will be thoughtfully paired with organic wines. Afterwards, you’ll spend some time with a wine expert and agronomist who will talk with you about environmental ethics and biodiversity.
- Gain insight into the organic methods used at a traditional Tuscan farm.
- See how organic honey, vegetables and wine are produced.
- Join a hands-on cooking class and prepare your four-course lunch.
- Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
- Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: £370,08 GBP
- Child from: £370,08 GBP