Granada (Malaga), Spain
Duration 8 1/2 hrs
Enjoy an enlightening walk through an eco-friendly citrus orchard and then settle in for a breakfast made with organic ingredients. The setting for your immersion into healthy living Andalusian-style will be Al-Huerta, a farm that also serves as a center for environmental education. Your host will explain the sustainable agricultural techniques that improve the fertility of soil, heal degraded ecosystems and provide habitat for a variety of animals, including hedgehogs and indigenous birds. You will notice aromatic wild plants—some medicinal, others used for cooking—growing freely among the citrus trees. There are also orchards of fruits trees such as mangoes and avocados. The farmers follow a philosophy of social responsibility and encourage visitors to seek a more balanced lifestyle. Feel free to discuss the workings of the farm over breakfast, which will likely include fresh juices, organic coffee, herbal-infused olive oil and homemade bread from a wood-fired oven.
• Walk through a citrus orchard where eco-friendly agricultural practices are followed.
• Become familiar with the benefits of sustainable agriculture for humans and animals.
• Enjoy a breakfast of organic juices, herbal-infused olive oil and homemade bread.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: £105,93 GBP
- Child from: £105,93 GBP