EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY, 24 2018
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the issuing website or another website that recognizes the Cookie on each subsequent visit. Cookies are helpful because they allow a web page to recognize a user's device.
Cookies perform a variety of tasks, such as allowing you to navigate efficiently between pages, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online better suit you and your interests.
Cookies can either be served directly by us or served on our behalf, for example by advertisers and data analytics companies.
Cookies can endure for different periods of time, including those that last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as “session cookies” or “temporary cookies”). These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other Cookies are “permanent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
Which Cookies do we use and why do we use them?
The Cookies that we use to provide our services can be divided into the following categories:
- Essential Cookies: These Cookies are necessary to enable you to navigate our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of our websites. These Cookies cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies, but without these Cookies certain services will not be available. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies: These Cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites, for example, which pages visitors go to most often and whether they receive error messages from our websites. These Cookies do not collect information that personally identifies a visitor. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve the functionality of our websites.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies allow our websites to save choices you make (such as your username, language or country you live in) and provide enhanced, more personalized features. These Cookies can also be used to save changes you make to the text size, font, or other parts of the web page that you can customize. They can also be used to provide services that you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information collected by these Cookies can be anonymized and cannot track your browsing behavior on other websites.
- Advertising Cookies: These Cookies are used to provide advertisements that better suit you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of circuits of an advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed with the permission of the website operator of advertising networks. The fact that you have visited a certain web page is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Target Cookies or advertising Cookies are often linked to page functions provided by the other organization.
These Cookies may be used by companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. The Cookies do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying information about your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these Cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These Cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to interact with our social media presence and share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
If you do not allow these Cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Analytics / log files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, or to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the performance of our websites. This software may record information such as how often you use our websites, the events that occur within our websites, aggregated usage, and performance data. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any information you submit through our websites.
We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as Cookies to gather information about your activities on our websites and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
How can you exercise your Cookies choices?
You have the right to choose which Cookies to accept or reject. However, they are an important part of how our Online Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove Cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality the Online Services.
Website (Browser) Opt-Out
Most browsers accept Cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain Cookies or notify you before accepting Cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser, which are usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" menus. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their Cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link.
Mobile App Opt-Out
To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” for Android.
For further information about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.