Back To Top
- You will work 7-days a week onboard for approximately 10 hours per day
- There will be shifts off but not full days off the entire assignment rotation.
- When the ship is in port, many crew members take the opportunity to go ashore to tour, shop, dine, call home, etc.
- Your crew cabin has 1, 2, 3, or 4 bunk beds, desk and chair, T.V. and telephone. Space is very tight.
- Crew members share cabins with one, two or three team members, depending on the entitlements.
- You and your roommates are responsible for keeping your cabin clean and tidy at all times.
- Towels and linens will be provided once a week.
- No guest in cabins! Violation will result in termination / dismissal.
- All meals and snacks will be served at the crew mess.
- You will have half an hour for each mealtime when on duty.
- Meals are buffet style; serve and clean up after yourself.
- You are not permitted to remove any food or utensils from the mess.
UNIFORMS & LAUNDRY
- Crew uniforms will be issued to you onboard.
- Crew uniforms and work clothes are cleaned free of charge.
- Laundry machines and dryers are provided free of charge for the crewmembers personal use.
- You will be required to use non-slip safety shoes while on duty. Shoes are not provided, you can purchase the approved brand/style before joining or onboard the vessel.
- Please note: Open toe shoes/flipflops/etc. are not permitted onboard in crew areas.
- The Crew Gym is for all crewmembers available at posted hours.
- You can purchase toiletries, cigarettes, chocolates, and other necessities needed onboard at the Crew Shop.
- The Crew Bar operating hours and rules are to be adhered to at all times.
- You are not permitted to become inebriated or intoxicated while on your assignment contract. You are not allowed to drink alcohol while on duty. Violation of either of these rules is grounds for dismissal.
- Crew Enrichment/Welfare will provide crew activities and events for all the crewmembers.
- Only employed crew members are provided living accommodations onboard.
- The Internet Café is available for all crewmembers at posted hours. Internet access is available at reasonable prices.
- Phone cards will be available onboard. Also, keep in mind that your phone might work at the different ports. Be careful at sea because international roaming will apply and can be very expensive.
- Wifi is readily available throughout the vessel. You can bring your own electronic devices to use. You will need to purchase internet access/minutes and configure accordingly.
- Mail arrives once a week to the ship. The mail will be sorted by department and distributed. Please remember, mail is processed through a central location, therefore, you will experience a small delay. Also, the ship’s itinerary may determine the regularity of the delivery.
GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Your boss will be the head or supervisor of the department. The Captain of the ship is the commander of all and the final decision maker.
- Career growth is offered through internal promotions. You can apply to the positions onboard as they become available.
- Numerous trainings will be available onboard to enrich your knowledge in different aspects of the business.
- You will be paid monthly (or bi-weekly if on the Pride of America). You have several options to receive your wages: recurring deposit of wages to the bank account you choose and/or the Brightwell Card.
- Dating fellow crewmembers is allowed.
- You will have the opportunity to work and make lifelong friends with crewmembers from around the world.
- Dating guests is not permitted. It will result in termination / dismissal.
- You will have curfew onboard.
- We have a Zero tolerance drug policy with random testing. Drug possession, transportation and usage are causes for immediate termination.
- We also have a zero tolerance for harassment of any nature. Every crew member is responsible for keeping a safe, harmonious environment onboard.