CRUISES TO GREAT STIRRUP CAY ISLAND
Great Stirrup Cay, our idyllic private island paradise, is reserved just for our guests. Unwind on white-sand beaches and enjoy the many ways to explore paradise. Snorkel with sea turtles and colorful fish in warm turquoise waters. Peacefully glide along the coastline in a kayak, craft your own delicious taco at the new complimentary Abaco Taco, and then simply relax in your private beachfront cabana. Do it all – or nothing at all – the choice is yours.
Explore OurIsland Activities
- Underwater Sculpture Garden
- Walk along pristine white sand beaches
- Wave Runner Tour
- Cabanas on the Cay
- Kayak Tour
- Paddle Board
- Stringray Encounter
- Marine Life Encounter
- Relax on the beach
- Zipline across the Island
- Relax in a Clamshell Cabana
- Grab a cool drink in the Bacardi Bar
- Float in the water, relax on a hammock or chill out in your Cabana
- Buy some local goods at the straw market
Indulge in OurDining Options
LandShark Bar and Grill - Coming Soon
Explore OurBars & Lounges
Get a freshly muddled mojito made at the Bacardi Bar.
Jumby Beach Grill
Sip a cold one at Jumby Beach Grill, now with two new freestanding bars
Lighthouse Beach Bar
Enjoy beautiful island views at the Lighthouse Beach Bar.
Grab a drink and meet some new friends at the lively Bertram Bar.
Sip on a refreshing margarita made with Patron at the Patron Bar.
What You Need To Know
Port Name & Location
Ship will ANCHOR OFF SHORE at this port and guests will be tendered ashore.
EST (Eastern Standard Time)
UTC/GMT -5 hours
The local language is English.
Currency & Shopping
US Dollar (USD), Your Stateroom Key Card
Crafts and souvenirs.
Best Way to Get Around
Organized Shore Excursions for beaches, parasailing, snorkeling, kayak tour. Shuttles available.
Lounge on the Beach, take a swim, go snorkeling, paddle a kayak, or simply just relax in a hammock on our very own private island.
Fun Fact #1
This island oasis sprawls an impressive 250-acres.
Grab a bite at our new 8,500-square foot beach buffet which includes a central pizza making station, two grills, hot and cold food stations, as well as fresh fruits and breads.
Ships thatSail to Great Stirrup Cay
Coming SoonExclusive Lagoon Retreat
Through the Norwegian Edge, Great Stirrup Cay will offer the ultimate island luxury experience with a brand new exclusive lagoon retreat featuring a secluded, pristine beach; exclusive dining options; luxury beach villas and so much more.
- Secluded beach
- Modern reception area overlooking the beach for reserving activities or relaxing in the outdoor terrace
- Tranquil lagoon with a convenient swim-up bar
- Beachfront luxury villas for rent ranging from studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom villas
- Family beach area for all ages to enjoy
- The Silver Palm Restaurant with a two-story deck offering scenic views
- Private party room available for reservation
- Complimentary access for guests of The Haven and Suites and guests who book a Mandara Spa massage on the island. Limited capacity for purchase
The Lucayan Indians are thought to be the first settlers on Great Stirrup Cay.
With the increase of sea-faring traffic, Pirates begin to migrate to the area, looking for the trade ship to loot and pilage.
British Naval officer, Captain Bertram, for whom Bertram's Cove is named, makes his home on Great Stirrup Cay. His grave marker is located on the main beach.
Federal troops used the island to store provisions during the Civil War. The surrounding waters still contain evidence of battles.
The lighthouse on Great Stirrup Cay is built over great protest since the local economy was supported by shipwreck salvaging.
The US Air Force creates a satellite tracking station. Closed in 1991, what's left remains near the lighthouse.
Belcher Oil Company sells Great Stirrup Cay to Norwegian Cruise Line (known then as Norwegian Caribbean Line) and becomes the first cruise line to offer a private island experience.
We invested $25 million to preserve and enhance this 250-acre Bahamian treasure for your enjoyment.