Pre-Cruise Need to Knows
Thank you for choosing Norwegian. We can't wait to welcome you onboard, but first, let's go over everything you need to prepare for an amazing holiday ahead. Learn what to expect at the pier and how we've enhanced Online Check-In to expedite the boarding process and maximise your holiday time. Cruise with the ultimate safety and confidence with our Sail Safe™ Health & Safety Program. All guests age twelve and over and crew are required to be 100% fully vaccinated so you can do what you’ve always wanted to do on a cruise — EVERYTHING. Start customising your holiday by logging in to My NCL or download the Cruise Norwegian App.
*As government regulations evolve, our health and safety protocols will evolve as needed to ensure compliance. This may mean different protocols from ship to ship based on local requirements. For additional information, please visit Cruise Travel Requirements by Country.
Pre-Cruise Health & SafetyPREPARATION FOR YOUR CRUISE
Sail Safe. Feel FreeVACCINATIONS, HEALTH & SAFETY
Pre-Cruise Vaccinations, Testing, Screening & Check-in
All guests age twelve and over must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to embarkation. Proof of accepted vaccination against COVID-19 must be shown at the cruise pier to board the ship. Pre-cruise testing and additional health screenings for unvaccinated guests under the age of twelve (on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canadian port) will be conducted at terminal for extra measure.
Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port.
In order to facilitate, Norwegian has partnered with Inspired Diagnostics lab to ensure that guests have access to a quick, efficient and easy way to access the required FDA-approved proctored in-home antigen test prior to embarkation from the comfort of their own home. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits is simple.
- Sign up on the testing site https://inspirediagnostics.com/ncl/
- Receive the test kit(s) by UPS
- Schedule an on-line proctoring consultation
- Receive certified results via email
Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional pre-embarkation testing at the terminal. On select sailings where local government or health authorities may require guests to partake in additional COVID-19 testing prior to boarding, NCL will provide free testing at the terminal. Please refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country for country specific requirements.
All unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.
Additionally, unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canada port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.
Other available pre-embarkation testing services:
Additionally, the following services offer a verified third party or medically supervised at home testing: eMed or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service – BioReference sends a trained Scarlet Health Professional to your home to collect your COVID-19 test specimen.
Locate a Covid-19 Testing Provider Prior to Your Cruise:
Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen
Save Time at EmbarkationComplete Your Online Check-In
New health and safety steps added to Online Check-In will significantly cut down processing time at the pier. Experience a much faster, more seamless boarding process when you complete all required steps listed below. Online Check-In for all guests is required to download your eDocs (boarding pass). Port security requires each guest to present their eDocs to enter the pier.
PLEASE NOTE: You will lose the opportunity to Check-in online 3 days prior to sailing.
Complete these steps in Online Check-In:
- Travel Documentation: Provide passport number or travel documentation information
- Flight Information: Provide airline details and purchase transfers to the pier and back to the airport.
- Onboard Payment Preferences: Select either credit card, debit card or cash
- Acknowledge that you and each guest age twelve and over in your stateroom will be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure .
- Take a Selfie Photo: Use your computer webcam or mobile phone camera to capture your pre-cruise security photo. You can come back to this step on the Mobile app if you don't have a web cam.
These steps will be available 21 days prior to your sail date:
- Reserve an arrival time to check-in at the pier. You will only be allowed to enter the terminal during this time.
- Watch the Required Safety Video in advance to avoid large crowd gathering onboard. Learn important muster drill, life jacket and onboard safety procedures.
Download or PrintEDOCS - Your Boarding Pass
Select "Download eDocs" once you've completed Online Check-In for each guest. Print a copy or save a screen grab from your phone containing guest name, terminal arrival time, ship, stateroom and bar code. Port security will check eDocs for this information along with passport/identification to allow entry to the port. You'll be able to download eDocs 21 days prior to your sailing after Online Check-In is complete. Failure to show eDocs at embarkation will result in long wait times at the port.
Planning in the Palm of Your HandCruise Norwegian Mobile App
Download the Cruise Norwegian mobile app via the App Store or Google Play. The first step to planning your cruise is linking your account to to the app. You'll be all set to explore and plan all the things you can do onboard. The Cruise Norwegian App will work automatically when you connect to the ship's wi-fi when you board the ship.
Log In to My NCL
- If you booked through a travel agent, or never logged in before, create an account.
- Answer "yes" to "Do you currently have a cruise reservation?"
- Enter your ship name, reservation number and sail date to add your reservation to your account.
- If you're having trouble finding your cruise, either reset your password or call our Technical Support department at +912271279333.
Customise Everything Onboard and Ashore
- Book Shore Excursions. Explore & Plan adventures at each port.
- Make dinner reservations. You can plan a different restaurant for every day of the week
- Learn about all of the onboard experiences on your ship.
- Reserve your seats at award-winning entertainment.
- Get a birdseye view of your itinerary. See everything you've planned for the days at port.
- Join a “Virtual Queue” to avoid long lines.
- Text message and call other guests when onboard.
- Read the Digital Freestyle Daily Newsletter, a schedule of what’s happening onboard.
- Track your onboard purchases throughout your holiday.
What to Expect at the PierOn Embarkation Day
Socially Responsible Check-In
Our enhanced, staggered embarkation process will streamline check-in by allowing guests to reserve arrival time at the pier during Online Check-In. Security will allow guests to enter the port at reservation time noted on your eDocs.
COVID-19 Antigen Testing Prior to Boarding
All unvaccinated guests under the age of twelve on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canadian port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line.
Required Travel Documentation to Bring to the Pier
Along with your eDocs, you'll need to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if you are age twelve and older), proof of negative COVID-19 test (PCR if under the age of twelve and unvaccinated), your passport and/or required travel documentation to board the ship.
We've developed a robust and comprehensive health and safety strategy with new and enhanced protocols to create multiple layers of protection against COVID-19. Our science-backed plan will be continuously evaluated using the latest science and technology.