One of the most exciting bits of cruise news lately comes with the announcement of our new 2017/18 Meet the Winemaker Cruises. Norwegian Cruise Line recently unveiled a selection of cruises aboard Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn during which guests will have the opportunity to wine and dine with leaders and legends of the wine making industry. If you’re a wine lover, this is a rare opportunity to get up close and personal with some true trailblazers. Read on for all the exciting details.
Beginning in September, guests aboard these select sailings will have several opportunities to engage with winemakers and experts via seminars, forums, and dedicated activities."Given the incredible reception of Michael Mondavi's past visits aboard our ships, we are excited to expand upon this concept to provide our guests the opportunity to get up close and personal with renowned experts within the winemaking industry," said Mark Kansley, senior vice president of Hotel Operations for Norwegian Cruise Line.
On the second day of each cruise, guests will have the chance to dive into the minds of the visiting experts with an open-forum Q&A session held in the Atrium of the ship.
Após a sessão aberta, os passageiros terão a oportunidade de comprar os vinhos em destaque selecionados pelos produtores de vinho e varietais da carta de vinhos do navio, conhecer o especialista e pedir que ele assine a garrafa para levar como lembrança. The open forum and personal meet-and-greet are complimentary and open to all guests.
For a more intimate experience, sign up to indulge in an interactive, hands-on wine tasting and educational seminar hosted by the vintner in The Cellars, A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar. The vintner will take participating guests on a tour of the winemaking world. Tastings will feature wines handpicked by the expert and brought on board for the seminar. Pricing for the tastings are $19.95 per person.
If you're seeking an unforgettable gourmet experience, you can opt to attend an exclusive wine dinner, hosted by the vintner or industry expert and be treated to a truly special event consisting of five decadent courses paired with wine specifically chosen for each course. O custo do jantar com harmonização de vinhos é US$ 59,95 por pessoa. Seating is limited for both the tasting seminars and wine pairing dinner/ Reservations will only be available on board the ship.
The full lineup of the 2017/18 Meet the Winemaker series includes:
- 22 de setembro de 2017 - Norwegian Dawn: Michael Mondavi, fundador da Michael Mondavi Family Estate, cofundador da Folio Fine Wine Partners e cofundador do The Cellars - A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar. Mondavi representa a terceira geração da prestigiosa família de vinícolas do Napa Valley.
- October 28, 2017, Norwegian Escape: Salvatore Ferragamo, heir of famed Italian fashion house and owner at Il Borro Winery in Tuscany, Italy. Salvatore, whose father Ferruccio, bought the beautiful Il Borro Estate in 1993, has replanted the family's vineyard and has been releasing delicious Tuscan wines since 1999.
- 4 de novembro de 2017 - Norwegian Escape: Bill Whiting, diretor de Educação Sobre Vinhos da Banfi Vintners. Como neto de John F. Mariani Sr., fundador da Banfi Vintners, Whiting carrega a tradição do premiado Castello Banfi, fundado em 1919 na região Brunello da Toscana.
- 2 de dezembro de 2017 - Norwegian Escape: Aarón Sánchez. Aarón Sánchez, o famoso Chef da TV e ganhador do prêmio James Beard é o embaixador e porta-voz oficial dos vinhos Terrazas de los Andes, e é considerado um dos melhores chefes latinos contemporâneos.
- 17 de fevereiro de 2018 - Norwegian Escape: Gerard Bertrand, famoso produtor de vinhos de Languedoc-Roussillon. Bertrand, um lendário especialista do setor de produção de vinhos, conta com 20 anos de experiência e vários prêmios e reconhecimentos.
To book one of Norwegian Cruise Line's wine maker's partnership cruises, contact your travel professional, call Norwegian at 866-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784) or visit www.ncl.com.