Puerto del Rosario, Canary Islands
Duration 4 hrs
Visit an organic aloe vera farm and discover how this succulent plant is sustainably grown in harmony with the environment. Aloe vera thrives in Fuerteventura’s rich volcanic soil as you will see firsthand at Verdeaurora, a family-owned bio farm that follows agricultural practices that respect the environment. No chemical fertilizers, pesticides, hormones or antibiotics are ever used in the production of the aloe vera, which help to maintain the fertility of the soil and reduce water consumption. You will watch, as one of the farmers demonstrates how to extract the juice from the leaves and preserve it. Although used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years, aloe vera has plenty of other applications, including as an ingredient in cosmetics, soap, shampoo and even drinks. Verdeaurora has also minimized its energy use by installing solar panels and by investing in renewable resources. The farm has even created an ornithological reserve to protect the birds on Fuerteventura.
• Tour the bio farm Verdeaurora and see how it grows and processes organic aloe vera.
• Watch as the beneficial juice is carefully extracted from the succulent plant.
• Gain insight into the uses of aloe vera that go far beyond medicinal purposes.
• Discover how the eco-friendly farm has reduced its energy and water consumption.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: C132.78 CAD
- Child from: C119.37 CAD