2016 CASINOS AT SEA CELEBRATION OF LOVE SLOT TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL RULES
|Norwegian Getaway||7-Day Cruise, Eastern Caribbean from Miami– Sept 03 to Sept 10, 2016 for tournament play on September 4, 5, & 8th in the designated slot tournament area.|
All times referred to throughout these Rules are Local Ship Time.
- As used herein “Norwegian” means NCL (Bahamas) LTD. d/b/a Norwegian Cruise Line
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Team Participants must be at least 21 years of age and must provide current, valid proof of age.
- To enter, all team participants must be a qualified Casinos At Sea member and have a Casinos At Sea Membership card. Membership is free and Players Club cards are available at the Casino Players Club onboard the Norwegian Escape.
- This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including gaming, and all aspects of the Tournament are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
- All entries are subject to review and verification.
- No substitute players will be allowed.
- Team Participants must show their Casinos At Sea Players Card and current, unexpired, valid picture identification (passport, driver's license, state identification card, or military identification card) in order to collect prize. If selected participant is not a U.S. citizen, a current passport or alien registration card is required.
- Team Participants agree to allow Norwegian the right to the unconditional use of their name and likeness for promotions / advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent, where permitted.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, licenses, registrations and other fees.
- Tournament times are approximate. Norwegian reserve the right to change Tournament times at its sole discretion.
- By participating, Team Participants agree to abide by all Norwegian decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules, eligibility, or any other aspect of the Tournament, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Norwegian reserves the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to any applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any team participant’s prize already awarded.
- Notice of changes sufficient if posted at the Casino Players Club onboard the Norwegian Escape.
- Norwegian may disqualify any Participant for any prize based upon fraud, dishonesty, violation of Tournament rules or other misconduct, whether or not related to this Tournament.
- Norwegian is not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the Tournament, is not liable for any acts or omissions of its company employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournament, and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
- Norwegian is not responsible for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Norwegian, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a participant's ability to participate in the Tournament.
- If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Norwegian which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or property conduct of this Tournament, Norwegian reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any programme or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Norwegian reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Entries, invitations, and prizes are non-transferable.
- Tournament records will be retained by Norwegian for record keeping purposes in accordance with local legal requirements.
- Employees of Norwegian Cruise Line and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates or parent companies, their advertising agencies and promotional companies and immediate family members of employees who are (i) director level or above and/or (ii) involved in coordinating or executing promotions or tournaments are not eligible for this promotion. An immediate family member is defined as spouse, child or anyone sharing the same residence as the applicable employee.
- Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities for any reason, including through a government programme, at Norwegian's discretion or by their own request, are not eligible.
- A copy of these rules and any changes will be available at the Players Club onboard the Norwegian Escape, as well as the slot tournament area throughout the duration of this Tournament.
- Individuals with outstanding obligations due to Norwegian are ineligible to participate in this Tournament.
Registration is open to invited guests only.
There will be an option to re-buy into the Tournament at $50.00 per re-buy with a maximum amount of re-buys not to exceed two (2) per eligible participant.
Only one (1) re-buy may be purchased and played by the eligible participant during the Tournament session for which it was purchased.
If a team participant purchases a re-buy, then the highest combined score of that round will be used as the final score for that round. The original combined round score and re-buy score are not combinable.
Tournament Registrations and Rounds
Registration will take place between 1:00pm – 8:00pm on embarkation day, Saturday, September 3rd in the Casino area. (will temporarily close during safety drill).
Session I of play will begin on Sunday, September 4 (At Sea) at 9:00am Local Ship Time
Session II of play will begin on Monday, September 5 (At Sea) at 9:00am Local Ship Time.
Session III of play will begin on Thursday, September 8 (At Sea) at 9:00am Local Ship Time
All scores will be posted at the Player’s Club Desk after the final round.
The Casino Host team onboard will supply the rules of the tournament, dates and schedule of when to play with your randomly selected seat assignment.
At the discretion of Norwegian's management, registration may begin early in order to ensure a timely processing of all guests. Registration period will not end until the times outlined above.
Seats are randomly assigned, through secure means to be determined by Norwegian, one (1) poker machine per round.
Spare machines may be used at Norwegian’s discretion.
Tournament will consist of three (3) sessions. Each session consists of multiple rounds, which are two (2) minutes in duration. Each Participant will be assigned one round in each session. Norwegian has the right to add or delete rounds as needed.
Odds of winning depend upon number of participant rounds.
Participants must register as set forth above and must be present at the Tournament area five (5) minutes before their playing time in order to participate.
Authorised machines will be used for Tournament play. Participants must play on machines assigned (machines selected by random computer drawing). Tournament officials may change seating assignments at any time for any reason.
If the Participant is not present at the slot tournament area at the start of his/her assigned time, Norwegian will attempt to place the absent Participant in a subsequent session if space allows. This is not guaranteed. If a subsequent space cannot be found the Participant will be ineligible to qualify for prizes.
Participants leaving before he/she signs the score sheet will forfeit that session and a zero (0) score will be earned.
Participants must play machines from start to finish of assigned machine.
All Participants will start at the same time. The emcee of the Tournament will be the official timekeeper and will signal the beginning and end of each session.
No coins are used for Tournament play; points will be generated instead of cash winnings. A metre on the gaming machine will show points won during each session. Each metre will start at zero on each machine for each session time.
The score metre on each poker machine must be visible at all times during and after Tournament action.
In the event of a machine malfunction during one of the rounds, the Participant of that machine may choose to (a) have the score voided and the Participant of that machine will be moved to another round and/or machine. The score of the later session and/or different machine becomes their official score; or (b) retain the score at time of malfunction if, and only if, the score is visible to Norwegian.
Participants must play in all 3 sessions to qualify for prizes.
Tournament Participants are required to continue play in a round even if they suspect machine malfunction. If a Participant suspects machine malfunction, he/she is to contact a Scorekeeper and tell him of his/her concerns. The Scorekeeper shall then notify the Tournament Captain. The Tournament Captain shall notify Slot Department personnel and request an evaluation of the machine after the round ends.
If the machine is determined to have malfunctioned, the participant's score for that round shall be disregarded, and he/she shall be assigned another session and/or machine to make up his/her score.
If the machine is determined to have not malfunctioned, the Participant's score shall stand. It is important that Participants continue to play even if they suspect machine malfunction.
In cases where machine malfunction is unquestionable, as witnessed by at least a Scorekeeper and a second Tournament official, a Tournament official may call a fault and allow the Participant to stop playing.
10 Prizes will be awarded to the top final scores. Final scores will be determined by combining the three (3) qualifying session scores.
The following team cash prizes will be awarded to the following finishers:
1st place $1,500.00
2nd place $1,000.00
3rd place $750.00
4th place $500.00
5th place $400.00
6th place $300.00
7th place $200.00
8th place $150.00
9th place $100.00
10th place $100.00
Total team prize package valued at: $5,000.00.
In the event of a tie for any place except First Place, prize money will be divided equally in accordance with corresponding prize place (example: if two Participants tie for 5th place they will split the prize money between 5th and 6th place, each receiving an equal amount of the sum of the prizes). In the event of a tie for First Place, a two-minute playoff will occur between Participants who are tied with winner being awarded First Place and second place winner being awarded Second Place. If a playoff results in a tie, additional two-minute playoff will occur until any ties are resolved. The next highest score will be assigned as Third Place until Tenth Place is awarded. Under no circumstances will Norwegian be liable for any more than one (1) of each of the prizes listed in Prize Rule #3.
Norwegian reserves the right to cancel, change or modify this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to all applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any Participant's prize already awarded. Notice of any such modification is sufficient if posted at the Slot Tournament Area.
Terms & Conditions
Must be a qualified Casinos At Sea member and at least 21 years of age. Complete tournament rules will be provided to all participants prior to the start of the tournament and are available online at www.ncl.com\team. Participation subject to availability. Prize structure based on a minimum of 150 team participants. Participation in three (3) tournament rounds over three (3) days. Players may purchase two rebuys; one per tournament session. One qualifying round plus two re-buy rounds for each tournament permitted. May not be combined with any other offer or event. Entry into the tournament is non-transferable. Invited qualified player must participate as a member of the team that plays in the tournament. Participants must call to register with Norwegian's Casino Department. Entry into tournament is non-transferable. Complimentary cruise accommodation offer is valid for September 03 sailing on the Norwegian Escape. Offer valid for only for the first and second guest, is non-transferable, and is non-negotiable. For additional guests, third - eighth guest rates apply. Stateroom upgrades are permitted (subject to availability), but price difference between offered stateroom and upgrade must be paid. Cancellation fees may apply. Travel protection is strongly recommended. Guest is responsible for the NCF, government taxes, port expenses and fees. Discretionary onboard service charges are additional and will be automatically added to your onboard account. Transportation to/from port and onboard folio charges are not included. Norwegian Casino Management reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion without notice. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement. Norwegian is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.