Home > Suspended Sailings
Suspended Sailings Information
Updated June 30, 2020: Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we are extending the suspension of 2020 cruises to include:
- All sailings through September
- The select October sailings listed below
|Destinaton||Affected Ship(s)||Suspended Voyage Dates|
|Alaska||Norwegian Bliss||October 4 & 12|
|Alaska||Norwegian Joy||October 4|
|Canada/New England||Norwegian Breakaway||October 4 & 11|
|Canada/New England||Norwegian Gem||October 2 & 9|
Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruise listed above will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the amount paid to date on June 25th. The FCC must be used one year from issued date for ANY Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022.
Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit can elect to receive a lesser refund equal to the amount paid to date to the original form of payment 90 days after submitting this Refund Request Form and must be submitted by no later than 11:59 pm EST on July 17, 2020.
Suspended SailingsFREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Last Update: June 30, 2020
The following will be applied to the FCC:
- Cruise fare and taxes
- Including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments.
- Flight arrangements booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Prepaid service charges
- Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of FAS Promotion selection)
- Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection, if purchased.
Booksafe Travel Protection will be issued as a separate additional FCC worth the value of the travel protection plan paid. This insurance FCC will be valid for one year from date of issuance and only applicable towards insurance for all published sailings through Dec 31, 2022?
Tour Conductor credits will be protected for paid in full, for active bookings that are within final payment at the time of suspension by Norwegian. Please note that this is a manual process. We will need time to create appropriate processes for each group. We will continue to provide process updates as these are made available.
While we understand this change may cause some out of pocket and unexpected expenses for affected guests, they will not be reimbursed for those costs. We recommend that guests who purchased travel protection or independent travel insurance submit a claim through their carrier.
The FCC goes to each individual guest on the reservation based on the breakdown of charges per guest.
Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with these affected cruises, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile. Once the FCC is added to the guest profile, FCCs can then be applied to any existing booking or newly created booking.
The original FCC amount will be returned to the guests' profile. If an affected booking has a previously applied FCC (as a result of a previous suspended sailing), the enhanced value future cruise credit will not be applicable. Bookings under this circumstance are not eligible for a cash refund and will receive the original value of the FCC back to the guests' profile.
Note FCCs have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a guest opts to retain the FCC provided, the guest hereby agrees to all of NCL's terms and conditions associated with the FCC, which can also be found on www.ncl.com/cruise-faq. Please be advised that at no time will an FCC be redeemable for cash, including but not limited to situations of possible future cruise suspensions, displacements, cancellations or if the FCC exceeds the time in which it must be used.
FULL CASH BOOKING: If an affected booking has a full cash (credit card or check) payment, they will have the choice to either retain the 125% value FCC, or they can submit for a cash refund when the web form goes live.
FULL SUSPENDED SAILING FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a payment with a previously issued suspended sailing FCC, they will not be entitled to the additional 25% and are not eligible to submit for a cash refund. In this instance, the FCC will go back to the guest’s Latitudes account.
FULL PEACE OF MIND FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a payment with a previously issued Peace of Mind FCC, they will receive their Peace of Mind FCC back on file to their Latitudes account, plus receive an additional 25% FCC. In this instance, this booking is not eligible to submit for a cash refund.
CASH + SUSPENDED SAILING FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a cash (credit card or check) payment in addition to using a previously issued suspended sailing FCC, they will receive the additional 25% FCC on the cash portion ONLY. In this instance, a refund request may only be submitted for the cash (credit card or check) payments made.
CASH + PEACE OF MIND FCC BOOKING: If an affected booking has a cash (credit card or check) payment in addition to using a previously issued Peace of Mind FCC, they will receive the additional 25% FCC on the total invoice. In this instance, a refund request may only be submitted for the cash (credit card or check) payments made.
Any bonus FCC amount is applied only to the voyage fare. The original, full value FCC can be applied and used for the following:
- Voyage Fare
- Government Fees and Taxes
- Pre-paid service charges
- Beverage or dining gratuities (if part of the Free At Sea promotion selection)
- Air purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Hotel purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Cruise tours purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line
- Pre-booked and pre-paid shore excursions
- Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection insurance (if purchased on the original suspended reservation)
The FCC cannot be applied or used for the following:
- Dining/beverage packages that are not part of the Free At Sea programme
- Internet packages that are not part of the Free At Sea programme
- Shore excursions booked while onboard
- Onboard credit
- Water/soft drink packages
- Bottles of wine
- Bon voyage gifts and celebration packages
- Photo packages
Yes. Effective May 18, 2020, FCCs from either our 2020 Suspended Sailings or Peace of Mind FCC are transferable. In order to transfer an FCC, and in an effort for us to best assist you quickly, please follow the instructions below:
- Email Request To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include Subject Line: FCC TRANSFER REQ - Coupon ID #XXXXXXXX
- Email to Include:
Attachment of email from original FCC owner requesting transfer. (*note: failure to include will result in the transfer request being denied)
- Completed FCC transfer request. Please fill out for each new owner.
Booking Advisor Name:
Client ID of Original FCC Owner:
Client ID of Guest Receiving FCC:
FCC Coupon #(s):
Reservation # Original FCC Applied to: for partial transfer request
Reservation # Transferred FCC will be applied to on Same ship and sail date as original FCC for partial transfer request
- We anticipate a high volume of these requests during the first several weeks. Please initially allow at least 3 business days, up to 7 business days for the transfer request to be completed.
- Peace of Mind and suspended sailing FCCs worth 100% of the fare paid are eligible for transfer
Partial transfer of Peace of Mind and suspended sailing FCCs worth 100% of the fare paid are only permitted when the receiving guest is travelling on the same ship and sail date as the original owner.
Note failure to include qualified reservation information for partial transfers will result in request being denied.
The full remaining balance of a partial FCC will be transferred. We regret to advise we are unable to transfer only a portion of the balance.
- Only the entire and full original value of the bonus 25% and 50% credit FCCs issued for suspended sailings may be transferred.
- An email from the original FCC owner requesting the transfer to be made must be included when submitting the transfer request to email@example.com.
- Insurance FCCs are not available for transfer
- Once the transfer takes place, the receiving guest is now the owner and the previous owner cannot request a transfer back.
- Only one transfer or exchange of ownership will be allowed per FCC. This is applicable to Peace of Mind and suspended sailings FCCs, including 25% and 50% credit FCCs issued for suspended sailings.
- Once the transfer is completed, a confirmation email will be sent, via a reply to the original email. At that time, the receiving guest will be able to apply the coupon to the desired reservation.
At time of cancellation, all promotional offers, amenities and value adds will be removed from the booking and will not carry-over to future reservations. Future reservations are subject to prevailing fares and offers in market at the time of booking.
We have received many questions regarding what to do if a someone has changed their mind. If you have and would now like to take advantage of the bonus FCC, please ensure this web form is completed.
At this time, yes. The unexpected volume of suspended bookings required the implementation of so many new processes, most of which ended up being manual. We have been working diligently over the last several months to automate these processes and can confirm refunds are now occurring as or ahead of scheduled. We thank our guests and partners for their patience and understanding during these unique circumstances. At this time, we are committed to the following refund schedule for each suspended cruise.
Suspended Cruise Departure Date
Date When Refunds Will Be Released from NCL
- March 13 - April 11
By June 21
- April 12 - May 14
By July 12
- May 15 - June 30
By July 21
- July 1 - July 31
By August 22
- August 1 - Forward
By September 19
Dates reflected above indicate the date in which the funds will be released by NCL, to the original form of payment received by NCL. It is important to note that each financial institution differs with respect to when those funds will be made available.
There are many nuances that may cause a delay over and above the above referenced dates. Some of those examples include the FCC being used or transferred to another guest (therefore not resulting in a refund), the original credit card having an expired expiry date (which results in the travel partner or guest needing to call in to update their credit card details), a pending chargeback filed by a guest, or any independent or "hard" cancelations that occurred prior to NCL's fleetwide suspension of cruises.