Not surprisingly, the South Pacific is a dream destination for many travelers, and Norwegian Cruise Line can get you there in style. On a Norwegian South Pacific sailing, you can experience some of the world's most exotic paradises as you swim in crystal clear turquoise waters, dive with a rainbow of marine life, and explore lush forests. After a day of experiencing dreamy destinations, you can just sit back and lounge onboard your cruise ship and enjoy some of the most iconic views in the world from your balcony or public deck areas.
Here's a look at everything you need to know to book your dream South Pacific island cruise on Norwegian.
Pronto para começar a planejar? Explore all South Pacific Island cruise vacations.
South Pacific Island Itineraries
- 12-Day Hawaii & French Polynesia Cruise from Honolulu: This 12-day journey starts in Honolulu and ends in Papeete, Tahiti, and visits ports like, Kahului (Maui), Hilo (Hawaii), Nawiliwili (Kaua'i), Moorea, and Bora Bora in French Polynesia.
If you are leaning toward Australia & French Polynesia, you have a couple of cruises to choose from:
- 14-Day South Pacific Cruise from Sydney: After departing Sydney, you'll visit Isle of Pinesin New Caledonia, Mystery Island (Vanuatu), Lautoka and Dravuni (Fiji), Pago Pago (American Samoa), and Bora Bora, Raiatea, Moorea, and disembark in Papeete (Tahiti) in French Polynesia.
- 14-Day Australia & French Polynesia from Tahiti: Depart from Papeete (Tahiit) and visit Moorea and Bora Bora (French Polynesia) before cruising for Pago Pago (American Samoa), Lautoka and Dravuni (Fiji), and Isle of Pines (New Caledonia), before disembarking in Sydney (Australia)
All South Pacific cruises are on Norwegian Spirit, modernized from bow to stern in 2020 with the adult cruiser in mind. The extensive refurbishment resulted in multiple new dining venues, including Onda by Scarpetta, nightlife options, and adult-only spaces, along with the addition new luxurious staterooms.
French Polynesian Cruise Ports
Depending on what cruise you pick, there are four main ports Norwegian visits, not including Papeete which is where your cruise will either start or end. Ports in your French Polynesia cruise can include:
- Moorea: The island of Moorea has eight beautiful mountain peaks, and its tranquil bays make it perfect for snorkeling. Relax on the beach, take an island bus tour, go hiking, or even skydive.
- Bora Bora: Bora Bora has been nicknamed the "Jewel of the South Seas," and is one of the most iconic islands in French Polynesia. You can snorkel, go diving, explore Mount Pahia, or relax on the beaches of Bora Bora. Bora Bora is also a popular spot for shopping, especially for art and jewelry.
- Raiatea: Raiatea's name means "faraway heaven," and the island is home to French Polynesia's largest marae, which is an outdoor temple. It is one of the most sacred islands in the region, and many people believe that Raiatea was the center of the great Polynesian migration.
- Papeete: Cruises either embark or disembark in Papeete, which is on the big island of Tahiti. You can spend a few days before or after your cruise to explore Papeete's charms and history as well. The island has numerous high-end resorts, world-class surfing, museums, waterfalls, and more. It's been named the "Queen of the Pacific" for good reason. You can take an island tour to learn about Tahitian black pearls, visit the Gauguin museum to learn about Paul Gauguin's influence in Tahiti, or get lost in the island's natural beauty.